Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

On the bike myself this morning, took a slide yesterday lunch time moving from one clinic to another. I stayed over in Dublin last night so it was only a 10k commute as opposed to my normal 80k.

I'm not going to try that distance tomorrow so I got a lift home tonight and gave a pick up arranged for tomorrow morning. I will be moving around with work abit tomorrow, I'm just not trying the long commute at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Main roads are pretty okay, but my estate is stubbornly icy. I couldn't wheel the thing to the exit, but I will try tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

took the bus home to lucan tonight. Roads were really bad. guy passes me on a bike wearing an L sign on his back. Legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

reece wrote: »
    took the bus home to lucan tonight. Roads were really bad. guy passes me on a bike wearing an L sign on his back. Legend.

Ya big woman ya. Ah no thouhg, if ya dont feel safe then there's no point in chancing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I had a CR250 out on the snow 2 years ago.

Even with full motocross tyres on it it was a handful. Had fun for half an hour but wouldn't like to have to travel anywhere like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ya big woman ya. Ah no thouhg, if ya dont feel safe then there's no point in chancing it.

took about 9 months for the pain to fully go away from my last icey spill :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I was actually shaking when I got home yesterday, I dont think i took a breath for the whole journey home, scary sh!t. Got off my bike in my garden then I nearly fell on my hole outside my front door!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Saw a snow plough on the N4 this morning :eek:

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Saw a snow plough on the N4 this morning :eek:

That was no snow plough, that was yo mamma!

/joking of course/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

VERY tempted to get a spare set of forks for the moped in the shed and get a welder to do somthing to them.

• Advertisement

weeder wrote: »

VERY tempted to get a spare set of forks for the moped in the shed and get a welder to do somthing to them.

Quality

Snowing heavily in Dublin for the last two hours or so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I'll be biking it ;)
    your name says it all really.

/thread

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    your name says it all really.

/thread

Thank you so much for you oh so valuable contribution to this thread.

Twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Have biked in every day so far - main roads are fine- secondary roads a bit dicey tonight could be interesting given the snow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Twat.
    .......? its a lame joke. little harsh on your behalf..

guess ill be much more valuable by saying dont ride in ice, its not really worth any of the possible consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

scootered home today. was one of the worst rides i've had to do in a long time. main roads are okay, but anything secondary was litterally sheet ice. had the feet to the sides all the time, and the back wheel was just shooting out on the sides at any sign of a gradient on the sides.

glad to be home in one piece to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I saw a few bikes out tonight in Dublin, don't know how they stayed upright! Saw a load of scooters around Rialto, and someone abandoned their bike on the nangor road, obviously didn't want to risk it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Saw 2 up on a scooter this evening ... the roads were mental. I wouldnt trust anybody to get on the back of a scooter or bike. Ive left my bike locked up since the 26th.

Lots of people cycling too, mental in this weather.

• Advertisement

Quint wrote: »
    I saw a few bikes out tonight in Dublin, don't know how they stayed upright! Saw a load of scooters around Rialto, and someone abandoned their bike on the nangor road, obviously didn't want to risk it.

Both feet down, supermoto style that how I did it :p

Both feet down, supermoto style that how I did it :p

Saw a bloke doing that yesterday on the ice, he was driving a big enough bike. He looked very nervous doing a right hand turn, but he made it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Twat.

Why sign your own post off like that? Can we refer to you as it in the future? Like good old 'cept.

This is what we need for the snow:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Quint wrote: »
    This is what we need for the snow:

Class got to get a set of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

cool!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Seriously guys I cannot believe people are considering going out in this weather, its utter madness. Luckily I've got a car to fall back on - but even if I did not I would be making alternative arrangements. It's just not worth risking taking a fall, ruining your bike and possibly breaking a limb or getting badly injured. Unless you have absolutely no other option I would not take the bike out. I've been driving the car a lot over the last week and even with 4 wheels its vicious in places. Especially this morning when a fresh layer of snow was dumped. Seriously, don't do anything you might regret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm itching to take the Zed out but there's no hope in this weather.

Its just not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Forecast on sky news now saying all next week will be same conditions. :mad: :confused:

Where's the evil genius with the weather machine when you need one?

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Seriously guys I cannot believe people are considering going out in this weather, its utter madness. Luckily I've got a car to fall back on - but even if I did not I would be making alternative arrangements. It's just not worth risking taking a fall, ruining your bike and possibly breaking a limb or getting badly injured. Unless you have absolutely no other option I would not take the bike out. I've been driving the car a lot over the last week and even with 4 wheels its vicious in places. Especially this morning when a fresh layer of snow was dumped. Seriously, don't do anything you might regret.

Took the bike home from work Wednesday evening, the M50 and N4 was starting to form sheet ice and I had to use both feet to keep the bike up anytime I had to brake or change direction. I'd have no problem taking the bike out if the roads were gritted, but at the moment it's a lottery whether the roads are gritted or not.

Advertisement