Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Client Login portal

Options
  • 02-01-2010 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I hope this is the right thread.

I have a website and I want to add a client login in section where clients can log in and see files that I want them to see and also that they can upload and down load files. The information is sensitive and the system would need to be secure. The client would only have access to his information and no one else. Any one got any recommendations for how to do this, I dont want to use goggle docs.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The simplest to implement is a htpasswd one, though it is not secure (password not encrypted when sent to server).

Maybe put this php File Manager in the download area.

Edit: My method does not handle uploads, sorry, though you could look at Dropbox or something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TheHoban

You could use a fairly basic PHP login system. Storing login / client details and downloads in a database. Then just use a simple login form and display the downloads based on a variable assigned to each user.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Sitelok - http://www.vibralogix.com/sitelokpw/ is pretty good. It might be a bit too comprehensive for your needs though.

Advertisement