Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music that is good but you can't listen to anymore

Options
  • 02-01-2010 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

The Prodigy. They're just so overplayed in my mind that I cringe when they're put on. They now remind me of culchies at parties.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Kold wrote: »
    The Prodigy. They're just so overplayed in my mind that I cringe when they're put on. They now remind me of culchies at parties.

)':

I know what you mean, can't think of anything at the moment though, except for Journey, don't stop believing. That got so overplayed after the last Sopranos episode that I used to feel nauseas when I heard it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Used to be quite the Chilli Peppers fan, but after Californication (which I really liked at first) came out they got overplayed so much I just got so sick of them I just couldn't listen to them any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

sweet child o mine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Used to be quite the Chilli Peppers fan, but after Californication (which I really liked at first) came out they got overplayed so much I just got so sick of them I just couldn't listen to them any more.
    +1 I haven't listened to the chillis in years. Don't think I will ever get back into them they were so overplayed back in the day.
    Other groups that I can't listen to anymore include:
    Daft Punk, Nirvana, The Streets (only Original Pirate Material....the rest is rubbish)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

The Beatles. Obviously, they were fantastic but it just gets tiresome that they're proclaimed the greatest band of all time without question. I'd much rather listen to the Beach Boys myself.

Of more contemporary music i'd have to say Arcade Fire, for much the same reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I far prefer to put on the Stones than the Beatles alright.

Advertisement