Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions On This Mens Hairstyle

• 02-01-2010 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Whenever I get a haircut it's usually pretty plain and simple, not too long but not too short. Anyways, I'm getting it chopped this week and I'm really thinking of going for something like Justin Timberlake's hair in the 'Rehab' video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJYcmq__nDM ).

He has part of the sides and back shaved but he left the length down the middle. It's kind of like a mohawk (mohawk-esque?) but not as extreme. I've seen a few guys with variations of this haircut but the way Justin has it is the best I think.

What does everyone think of this haircut? I really want to know what girls think of this haircut on guys. Honest opinions :)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 muireann =]

well i think it depends on the way you look maybe??

but yes it is a nice hair cut :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

erm no it resembles that V cut so many people had/have.

scumbags have been sporting that shaved at the sides turning into a V and the back look for about 5 years now.

it was ugly then and it is ugly now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Beckham had it like that years and years ago and looked pretty good http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1392/541884361_4fe70aa877.jpg Depends though, most barbers will just mistake it for that dreaded V cut. Personally I think that look has kinda moved on a bit since and I think short hair right now looks a lot better if you've a beard/lot of stubble to go with it, here's justin again http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/0/88/07_2008/jt_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

'muireann wrote:
    ;63751622']well i think it depends on the way you look maybe??

but yes it is a nice hair cut :D

I have a similar facial structure to Justin, that's why I'm really leaning towards this hairstyle.
    erm no it resembles that V cut so many people had/have.

scumbags have been sporting that shaved at the sides turning into a V and the back look for about 5 years now.

it was ugly then and it is ugly now.
    Yeah, that's what I was referring to when I said I've seen several variations :P Outside of the UK and Ireland the style would not be associated with skangers/chavs. Plus, if I were to get it it would be more subtle like Justins as opposed to the the OTT/Dax waxed/GHD'd look that all the shams go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I like it. Maybe that's because Justin is really hot so it just looks good but tbh yeah, I think it's a good haircut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Could he have taken his helmet off any slower... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I wouldn't be a fan of it myself, looks like any old scumbag haircut even on Mr Timberlake. Looks crappy on Beckham too.

Then again I don't like any of those half shaved, chunks cut out of it haircuts. I like just...normal hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Its a very fine line between nice looking and scumbag.justin gets away with it because hes good looking rich and famous

Its a very fine line between nice looking and scumbag.justin gets away with it because hes good looking rich and famous

Two out of three... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I hate it.

• Advertisement

Shave your head :) Many ladies love shaved heads. If you hate it it grows back quite quickly. The style you are asking about imo makes lads look a total knacker. Although some in fairness do carry it off and look like knobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 choppy66

just do it pretty boy worst case scenario ... you hate it and it grows back in two weeks !!! you'll never know unless you try but make sure you bring a photo of the hairstyle to the salon it will help any confusion of which type of mohawk(esqe) haircut you are looking for .. post a picture when you get it done x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

I like it. Any potential 'scumbag' effect can be counter acted by the effective use of clothing...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

hi hi!

my boyf does a kinda fauxhawk thing that yo may like as it less resembles the knacker-v! He wears his hair short (not quite as short as JT) on the sides AND back and then longer on the top ONLY. somestimes he gels it up into a hawk and other times he leaves it so it looks like JTs but without that tail/v bit.

And like Wantobe said...its all about what clothes you wear!!

ps...thanks for the vid liknk, im not a huge JT fan but in that vid....oh my loins he is hot!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I'm not sure about it, to be honest.

It really does depend on your style ... It *does* have the potential to look quite knacker-y or with "trendy" clothes, could make you look like a wannabe Topman model!

It looks OK on him in the video, but bear in mind he's had hours worth of styling.
    It might not be as easy to achieve the same look on a daily basis!

I reckon you'd have to be confident to pull this look off!

I'm not sure about it, to be honest.

It really does depend on your style ... It *does* have the potential to look quite knacker-y or with "trendy" clothes, could make you look like a wannabe Topman model!

That's what I was trying to convey
    RoverJames wrote: »
    The style you are asking about imo makes lads look a total knacker. Although some in fairness do carry it off and look like knobs.

Well done Mr/Ms Cheeks :)

So OP, did you get this hairstyle ?

Ms Cheeks :)

Bingo!

If the OP did get the hair style, I'd be interested to see it. It's something different anyway! :)

Bingo!

If the OP did get the hair style, I'd be interested to see it. It's something different anyway! :)

OK, I went to the hairdressers yesterday with the intention of getting it cut like JT, but when I got there I was afraid that they would mistake it for the dodgy "V" cut. In the end, I got the sides cut short and I left a small bit of length on the top and a very small bit on the back. I use wax to create a very subtle mohawk style.

I got it cut exactly how I planned to, except without parts of the sides/back shaved. I told myself I'll see what it's like without them and if I want to I can go back and get them to do the sides. It's very similar to JT's hair, though without the "V" shaved in.

I might go back in the next day or two with a picture. I bottled because I'm still 50/50 on the hairstyle. If done correctly I think it will look great, but if done incorrectly it could be disastrous :p There's nothing better than a good haircut and theres nothing worse than a bad one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

do lads actually GHD their hair to get that straight across the face look? haha
    mines that length but all messy and wazy!! ill never use a ghd thats insane and very very feminine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I've used a GHD when me hair was long and I'm growing it back now so I will use it.

• Advertisement

mines that length but all messy and wazy!! ill never use a ghd thats insane and very very feminine!

Local publican was telling me her son uses a hair straightener, bad way to be at 16/17 imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Local publican was telling me her son uses a hair straightener, bad way to be at 16/17 imo.

This thread is NOT about your styling habits or those of the local publicans son. Keep to the topic.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Cool... Yea that 'JT' hairstyle imo is awful.. its mainly used by 16-18 young lads that love football love themselves with a little bling in the ear (uggh)

But if not too tight you'ld get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

We're still waiting on this photo..!!

ill never use a ghd thats insane and very very feminine!

Each to their own ... Plenty of guys use hair straighteners these days! And why not? If they like it and feel it makes their hair look good, then fair play!

We're still waiting on this photo..!!

Never got it done in the end! See post #19.

Advertisement