Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islam4uk to march in Wootten Bassett

Options
  • 02-01-2010 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭

Islam4uk to march in Wootten Bassett
    http://www.islam4uk.com/current-affa...-bassett-march

Islam4UK, a platform for the global front Al-Muhajiroun, would like to announce the launch of a momentous march that is scheduled to take place in the following weeks, details of which will be released shortly inshaa'allah (God willing).

The destination of this very special event is the small market town of Wootton Bassett, located 6 miles Southwest of Swindon, in northern Wiltshire; Wootton Bassett, is currently famous for its public mourning processions held in memory of British soldiers killed whilst on military service in Afghanistan; coffins containing the dismembered bodies of these soldiers are usually draped in union jack flags and driven through the town centre from RAF Lyneham, as a tribute to their ‘sacrifice'.

The proposed march by members of Islam4UK is however of a very different venture, held not in memory of the occupying and merciless British military, but rather the real war dead who have been shunned by the Western media and general public as they were and continue to be horrifically murdered in the name of Democracy and Freedom - the innocent Muslim men, women and children.

It is quite extraordinary, that with well over 100,000 Muslims killed in Afghanistan in the last 8 years that those military serviceman who have directly or indirectly contributed to their death are paraded as war heroes and moreover honoured for what is ultimately genocide.

We at Islam4UK find this totally unacceptable and as a result have decided to launch the ‘Wootton Bassett March' to highlight the real casualties of this brutal Crusade.

If you would like more information about the ‘Wootton Bassett March' or are Muslim and would like to take part in it please contact the following numbers:

General Enquiries: 07961 577 221

Media Enquiries: 07956 600 569

A deliberate attempt to stir up trouble or just a meaningful attempt at freedom of speech? My personnel opinion is this is a exercise in provocation, If it was just a anti war march why not have it in London why not take it to number 10 were the decisions are made, why pick the this town. I have actually met the group behind this site before, tunnel visiosn does not even begin to describe their beliefs. When ever you asked them a particular hard question like the one i asked them ie you have just said that is against the Koran to kill muslims and yet the very groups you have just expressed support for are blowing muslims up on a daily basis's with their suicide bombs, their response is to reply in Arabic allegedly quoting from the Koran, not speaking Arabic for i know they could have been telling me what they had for breakfast

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭aurelius79

junder wrote: »

A deliberate attempt to stir up trouble or just a meaningful attempt at freedom of speech?

Or maybe it is an attempt to inform the citizens of the UK of the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians who have lost their lives in these recent invasions. I don't see how this demonstration would stir up trouble, unless of course the BNP/NF decided to show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

OK fair enough they should march to make a point, but why do it in such a provocative place? It's like an Orangeman march in a Catholic area, without the tradition behind it.

They're fully aware of the anger it will create and are in fact, counting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Shit stirring tbh. It is their democratic right to do so however. Quite ironic since, from that I can gather, they are opposed to democracy. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

If its just a march to protest against the war, why have it in wooten basset, the very place were the bodies of soldiers are brought through. How is this going to go down with the rest of the UK if the march is allowed to go ahead, chances are it could provoke a backlash against muslims which is exactly what the group behind this parade is hoping to provokeso inorder to justify its own existance

aurelius79 wrote: »
    Or maybe it is an attempt to inform the citizens of the UK of the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians who have lost their lives in these recent invasions. I don't see how this demonstration would stir up trouble, unless of course the BNP/NF decided to show up.
    Everytime a body of a British soldier dies his body is driven through wooten basset, each time crowds line route to pay their respects to the soldiers, these people are not BNP/NF people but your normal everyday people of the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Britain under Sharia Law. Hmm, perhaps we got a preview of what that would be like last night:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0102/breaking3.htm
    A Somalian man has appeared in court on two charges of attempted murder after he allegedly tried to enter the home of a cartoonist who outraged many Muslims with his depiction of the Prophet Mohammed.

Kurt Westergaard (74), took refuge in a safe room in his Aarhus home after alerting police to an attempted break-in by the man who, police said, was carrying an axe and a knife.

Ill take free speech thank you.

OK fair enough they should march to make a point, but why do it in such a provocative place? It's like an Orangeman march in a Catholic area, without the tradition behind it.

They're fully aware of the anger it will create and are in fact, counting on it.

First, you can't compare the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan to the nonsense that goes on north of the border.

Second, yes they are aware of the anger it may cause. They are probably hoping that people will direct that anger towards the U.S. and British military/government. After all, it is the military who is directly responsible for these hundreds of thousands of deaths, not Muslims.

Everytime a body of a British soldier dies his body is driven through wooten basset, each time crowds line route to pay their respects to the soldiers, these people are not BNP/NF people but your normal everyday people of the UK

These people are also aware of the true cost of war. Perhaps they would embrace the opportunity to mourn the loss of so many innocent Muslim lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Nothing but rabble rousing. This is a very sensitive area for the British and no doubt this will be a bandwagon for the National Front.
    I can just see the photos now, of cracked "innocent" marchers' heads, spread all over the Muslim world.
    If you remember the result of the "Love Ulster" debacle a couple of years ago, multiply it one hundred fold.

These people are also aware of the true cost of war. Perhaps they would embrace the opportunity to mourn the loss of so many innocent Muslim lives.

I really don't think the group behind this march gives a toss about Muslim lives.

• Advertisement

First, you can't compare the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan to the nonsense that goes on north of the border.

Second, yes they are aware of the anger it may cause. They are probably hoping that people will direct that anger towards the U.S. and British military/government. After all, it is the military who is directly responsible for these hundreds of thousands of deaths, not Muslims.

of course you can since it essence it comes down to the right to protest.

And is it just the American/ British Forces that have been responsible for the deaths of innocent people?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm not, I'm comparing marches - one in England, one in Northern Ireland.

If you say so, I personally don't believe there's goals are loftier than "let's piss people off and maybe kick-off a riot". Regardless, if they want to get people to direct they're anger at governments, this march is about as wrong as you can get. The anger will be adressed at the marchers and muslims in general and will further entrench support for soldiers and the war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It's clear that this is an attempt to stir up trouble. If they were really doing this to protest the war and raise awareness of lost civilian lives they would do it in London or somewhere more high profile. They've picked this particular location because they know it will upset people.

I hope there will be a peaceful counter demonstration but the best thing would be to ignore it and deprive them of the reaction they are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭eamo127

How about a muslims for volleyball march?

during the troubles both loyalists and republicans need the atrocites caused by the other to exist, you could say the there was a symbiotic relationship between the two, an alleged atrocity against one group would increase support and recruitment for the offended group, so each side needed to provoke the other to commit these atrocity's, in essence you have the same relationship between this miltant islamic group behind the protest parade and the likes of the BNP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Be tragic if they were all blown to smithereens by a IED while they were making their point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

These guys are just shít stirring, nothing more, nothing less.

The fellow travellers of these people are very quiet when a suicide bomber kills 90 innocents in Pakistan.

Time people woke up to the fact that these people are extremely dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

during the troubles both loyalists and republicans need the atrocites caused by the other to exist, you could say the there was a symbiotic relationship between the two, an alleged atrocity against one group would increase support and recruitment for the offended group, so each side needed to provoke the other to commit these atrocity's, in essence you have the same relationship between this miltant islamic group behind the protest parade and the likes of the BNP

Republicans were bonded together very tightly, not because of loyalist terrorism - but because of British terrorism by British state forces, and because of civil & cultural inequality which existed there. Don't pretend it was fueled as a reactionary cause to loyalism. It wasn't.

Time people woke up to the fact that these people are extremely dangerous.

Who are these people who are "extremely dangerous"? Muslims? Muslims who wish to highlight the mass murder of their fellow muslims? Or something else?

The location selection is obviously symbolic, and there is a political statement behind it. Providing that they are respectful and not violent, I don't see what the problem is. Unless someone has an issue with highlighting the needless loss of civilian deaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Maybe they should concentrate their 'highlighting' in NW Pakistan where 90 innocent people were murdered yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The choice of location is deliberately provocative: by marching in a location *they* highlight for its honouring of military dead as a protest against what *they* portray as the murder of muslims, they are attempting to paint those dead as murderers by association.

This is about as logically sound as stating muslims are all terrorists by association. It is also a deliberate insult to the memories of those dead and their families. Some agendas will appreciate that.

Its also fairly disgusting idealogy - as noted, perhaps the biggest killers of people (muslim or otherwise, though this group seems only to mourn muslim casualties - killing Iraqi Christians is probably a good deed in their eyes) are the various fanatical strands of self-declared Islamic terrorist groups murdering anyone they view as an obstacle or simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. This group seems unwilling or idealogically unprepared to formulate any opposition to those murders.

As it is, theyre not much better than the Westboro Church group.

They have their right to free speech though, a right won and maintained by better people than they are - perhaps the best response is a big turnout with their backs turned on their march to show their contempt for their message and idealogy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I guess they're doing it where they'll get the most attention. They'll be pretty much a sidenote in the press if they march on downing street.

Think its half provocation, half they feel the soldiers shouldn't be honored for participating in the war.

Like the Love Ulster parade in Dublin. I'm sure some, probably most took part out of genuine compassion for victims of republican violence, there was definitely an element of "its going to cause outrage and therefore lots of publicity if we imply the free state was responsible for the IRA"

dlofnep wrote: »
    Republicans were bonded together very tightly, not because of loyalist terrorism - but because of British terrorism by British state forces, and because of civil & cultural inequality which existed there. Don't pretend it was fueled as a reactionary cause to loyalism. It wasn't.

Who are these people who are "extremely dangerous"? Muslims? Muslims who wish to highlight the mass murder of their fellow muslims? Or something else?

The location selection is obviously symbolic, and there is a political statement behind it. Providing that they are respectful and not violent, I don't see what the problem is. Unless someone has an issue with highlighting the needless loss of civilian deaths.

Maybe in your world but in the world of people who actully lived through the troubles and were not blinded by all the ideological bull****, we saw it for what it really was.
    As for the group behind this planned march they have no problem justifying the death of innocent infidels which to them is anybody who does not believe in Islam regardless of wether or not they are wearing a uniform, i hardly think their motivations are merely to highlight the death of innocent Muslims. Parhaps if the march was to highlight the deaths of all innocents regardless of religion we would be less suspicious of their intentions

I guess they're doing it where they'll get the most attention. They'll be pretty much a sidenote in the press if they march on downing street.

Think its half provocation, half they feel the soldiers shouldn't be celebrated for participating in the war.

Like the Love Ulster parade in Dublin. I'm sure some, probably most took part out of genuine compassion for victims of republican violence, there was definitely an element of "its going to cause outrage and therefore lots of publicity if we imply the free state was responsible for the IRA"

As somebody who will be going to afghan in the not to distant future i for one do not see the people turning out in Wooten basset as a 'celebration' of anything. People turn out to honor the fallen soldiers and to salute their sacrifice but certainly not to celebrate. I think they would only be celebrating if the soldiers in those coffins were coming home alive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

As somebody who will be going to afghan in the not to distant future i for one do not see the people turning out in Wooten basset as a 'celebration' of anything. People turn out to honor the fallen soldiers and to salute their sacrifice but certainly not to celebrate. I think they would only be celebrating if the soldiers in those coffins were coming home alive

I actually meant that sense of the word celebrate when I posted that "they feel the soldiers shouldn't be celebrated" I didn't mean like celebrating a party. Honour would have been a better word.

I actually meant that sense of the word celebrate when I posted that "they feel the soldiers shouldn't be celebrated" I didn't mean like celebrating a party. Honour would have been a better word.
    fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

My personnel opinion is this is a exercise in provocation, .......

......completely unlike that lovely bunch of lads the English Defence League's marches, non of which seem to have merited a thread from your good self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭eamo127

dlofnep wrote: »
    Providing that they are respectful and not violent, I don't see what the problem is. Unless someone has an issue with highlighting the needless loss of civilian deaths.

Respectful? Definitely no. Non violent - rarely. But they certainly support violent groups and give active support and comfort to islamic terror groups. Proof? its as plain as the nose on your face - only fools are codded by these terrorist supporting scumbags.

Nodin wrote: »
    ......completely unlike that lovely bunch of lads the English Defence League's marches, non of which seem to have merited a thread from your good self.

Sorry i wasn't aware that in order to have an opinion on this march i must first find a smiler march by an opposing group and comment on that at as well, further more i was unaware that by failing to post comments on groups like the English defense league that it would be taken as support of said groups.
    For the Record i have no time for the BNP/NF are any other far right group and should you show me any evidence of such groups planning to organize a march with the explicit aim of provoking people(say by marching through a muslim area) i will not hesitate in condemning them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Buffy the bitch

If its just a march to protest against the war, why have it in wooten basset, the very place were the bodies of soldiers are brought through. How is this going to go down with the rest of the UK if the march is allowed to go ahead, chances are it could provoke a backlash against muslims which is exactly what the group behind this parade is hoping to provokeso inorder to justify its own existance

Look I know your in the army but most in the UK probably don't give a **** about the soliders dying over there.

Have a good 2010 ;)
    But they certainly support violent groups and give active support and comfort to islamic terror groups.

You never heard of one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

• Advertisement

Look I know your in the army but most in the UK probably don't give a **** about the soliders dying over there.

Have a good 2010 ;)

You never heard of one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.
    if that was the case then there would be no need for these islmaic group to march through Wooten basset since nobody would be going there to honor the troops and Wooten basset would just be another sleepy English town.
    And thanks i intend to have a very good 2010

Advertisement