Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islam4uk to march in Wootten Bassett

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

junder wrote: »
    Maybe in your world but in the world of people who actully lived through the troubles and were not blinded by all the ideological bull****, we saw it for what it really was.

Nonsense.

Gerrymandering, state murder, collusion between loyalist terrorists and british security forces, internment, suppression of culture and civil inequality. All these do no equate to ideological bull**** and were the hard reality that nationalists had to face in an orange state. You can't sweep the above under the carpet as if it did not occur, and you cannot equate the nationalist's anger to purely a reactionary movement to loyalist actions. It was and is a movement for independence, that would be free from the ongoing nonsense that they had to live through.

Don't you dare downplay the struggle that nationalists had, and still do live through.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

So are you chaps going to talk about this march or revisit another one of those crap threads about the Northern Ireland kerfuffles?

The moderator strongly hints that it's going to be the first one and isn't too impressed with the tangential hjijacking.

Make it the first one, eh folks? Less idiocy, more constructive on-topic discussion.

/mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I doubt if the good people of Wooten Basset will tolerate these coat tail draggers besmirching the honour and dignity shown to their fallen troops.

Up to now these ceremonies were conducted with human sympathy and proper decorum

Despite freedom of speech and democracy etc, I'm sure the police have laws to ban such an obvious and distasteful charade, and deliberately provocotive event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Despite freedom of speech and democracy etc, I'm sure the police have laws to ban such an obvious and distasteful charade, and deliberately provocotive event.

I'm sure they do, I'm also sure that would play into the hands of these guys. "No freedom of speech for ....... ( enter sect, race, etc) ", "Police State" and all the usual c*ap. Better to set them a route and keep them to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭eamo127

You never heard of one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

If your idea of a freedom fighter is blowing up a passenger plane in mid flight or car bombing a bunch of folks watching a volleyball match, then good for you.

Have a good 2010 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Islam4uk would like nothing more than a crackdown on them by either the state or by the likes of the BNP, but what would be their wet dream senario? That the ordinary people turned on them as that would signal the start of a 'war of civilisations' in the UK. Thats what these fuppwits are angling for.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

First, you can't compare the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan to the nonsense that goes on north of the border.

Given that most of the killing of civilians in all three locations tended to be by one non-State ideological group against another non-State ideological group, I'm not sure that the differences are all that huge.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭MysticalRain

Interesting stuff on their about page...

"Our aim is simple: Izhaar ud Deen (Domination of Al-Islam worldwide)."
    http://www.islam4uk.com/about-us

They should kindly go fcuk themselves.

Interesting stuff on their about page...

To be fair, that was pretty much the aim of Christianity too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

bmaxi wrote: »

So what are you saying. That all christians are as bad as the guys in this organization?

Tbh i have'nt heard of any christian groups organizing provocative marches through muslim area recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Christianity gave up on it though. And in fairness, both sides have been attempting to wipe each other out since Islam began.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

containing the dismembered bodies of these soldiers

Why put that in the statement??:confused::confused: just ****stirring, no need for it I.M.H.O. Just shows the mentality of these people.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Ah but...they have many goats.

Hmmmmm...but the Christians don`t have as many goats !

Can we be sure this stuff is`nt just some deluded teenager sitting in a damp flat in Banglatown...or could it be the CIA !!! (Do they have damp flat`s in Langley)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

So what are you saying. That all christians are as bad as the guys in this organization?

Tbh i have'nt heard of any christian groups organizing provocative marches through muslim area recently.

I'm saying that the aim of Christianity, from the time of St. Paul has been to convert the world to our way of thinking, so no difference there.
    The fact there are "Christian" armies on Muslim soil, particularly near the Holy sites, is ongoing provocation to Muslims.
    Christianity was spread by whatever means was expedient at the time. It's a pity there are no Incas or Aztecs or the like around to ask how they felt about the methods employed.
    I'm not making excuses for these guys but I do remember a passage from the Bible which went along the lines of " cast the beam out of your own eye before you criticise your brother for the splinter in his"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

These guys are professional **** stirrers ala the EDL.

They are doing this to piss people off, and if there march is banned, they will claim to be victims and there is no free speech, and point to provocative marches organized by the EDL and there ilk outside Mosques.

The group is a really small one, and changed there name recently to there current one. Not too sure why they changed it, but I guess people got annoyed with there idiocy.

Incidentally the last time they tried to organize a march in London, they canceled it, as there were far too many counter protest groups going to show up.

What these guys want is attention. The worst thing that could happen to them, is if people just completely ignored them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

It would appear that this group "describes itself as a “platform” for the radical group Al-Muhajiroun"

From their Wiki page it states:
    Abu Hamza al-Masri created the Islamic Council of Britain to "implement sharia law in Britain," on 11 September 2002, the first anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks, primarily through funding from Al-Muhajiroun. Masri celebrated the establishment of the ICB and the 9/11 attacks by holding a conference in Finsbury Park mosque in North London entitled "September the 11th 2001: A Towering Day in History." Bakri, who attended the conference, said, that attendees "look at September 11 like a battle, as a great achievement by the mujahideen against the evil superpower. I never praised September 11 after it happened but now I can see why they did it." Flyers distributed at the conference referred to the 9/11hijackers as the "Magnificent 19."

They are a radical bunch of fucknuts preteding to be somewhat moderate. They are going to protest to shitstir and little else I'd think. I think it's completely legitmate to seek to highlight the civilian casualties in Afghanistan but I'd doubt that this is the primary objective of the protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Look I know your in the army but most in the UK probably don't give a **** about the soliders dying over there.

Have a good 2010 ;)

You never heard of one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

trust me , al majhoudoun or whatever thier called , do not care about freedom , they have nothing but contempt for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I'm saying that the aim of Christianity, from the time of St. Paul has been to convert the world to our way of thinking, so no difference there.
    The fact there are "Christian" armies on Muslim soil, particularly near the Holy sites, is ongoing provocation to Muslims.
    Christianity was spread by whatever means was expedient at the time. It's a pity there are no Incas or Aztecs or the like around to ask how they felt about the methods employed.
    I'm not making excuses for these guys but I do remember a passage from the Bible which went along the lines of " cast the beam out of your own eye before you criticise your brother for the splinter in his"

You have an over-simplistic way of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

You obviously have zero idea about how islam spread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

It's totally true what the bible says.
    To me, however, it comes down to one question.
    Would you or me or the ordinary British people be allowed to organise and carry out such a march in peace in any of the Muslim countries associated with these deaths, for the fallen British soldiers?
    My gut feeling says, I think not. When in Rome...
    Just a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Nor is there any indication that the primary aim of European expansion into the Americas had anything to do with Christian domination/spread. As always, these were wars of conquest for power and resources, with some priests scurrying along, in the back.

Anyway, this is miles off topic.

You have an over-simplistic way of thinking.

You have an excellent line in throwaway remarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭SeanW

dan_d wrote: »
    My gut feeling says, I think not. When in Rome...
    Just a thought.
    But when "Rome" is run and inhabited by Chaimberlain-esque appeasers, and self-hating Cultural Relativists ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

SeanW wrote: »
    But when "Rome" is run and inhabited by Chaimberlain-esque appeasers, and self-hating Cultural Relativists ...

Hmmm very profound Seanie.. very profound.

What does it mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Buffy the bitch

eamo127 wrote: »
    If your idea of a freedom fighter is blowing up a passenger plane in mid flight or car bombing a bunch of folks watching a volleyball match, then good for you.

Have a good 2010 ;)

Didn't say me did I.

On the other hand I'm sure many people don't see an F-16 killing 20 innocent people as defending freedom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Buffy the bitch

So you see the whole religion as the problem?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

On the other hand I'm sure many people don't see an F-16 killing 20 innocent people as defending freedom.

I don't think the two are strictly analogous. Generally speaking the F-16 driver is operating under the honest belief (even if erroneous) that he is trying to kill enemy combatants. You'd be hard-pressed to make the same statement about a bomber at a volleyball game.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

SeanW wrote: »

You mean people who don't check under the bed for muslims, don't you?

Not that it's relevant to the thread but I have a pretty good idea. I'm sure it would pale into insignificance however, when compared with your implied boundless knowledge, so I won't bore everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Alcatel

Watched an interview with a spokesman for this group on Sky News (I think it's in the video section of sky.com/news). He was referring to "Sheikh" Osama Bin Laden, very popular freedom fighter for Muslim people, blah blah blah.

Says it all about this bunch, really.

They're looking to make a point by marching in Wootten Bassett. From a PR point of view I can understand that. It's their fundamental message I'd have a problem with.

If they like Islamic countries so much, move to one.

In the meantime, the coalition is fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan. The same Taliban that burns down schools and kills teachers who offer education to girls.

Great bunch to support.

The war in Afghanistan isn't about spreading Christianity or any bull like that. It's about stopping global terrorism and the drugs trade and hopefully providing the Afghans with a stable enviroment in which they can try and establish their own democracy.

Yes, that's the order of the priorities, too. Afghanistan gets democracy because the west wants to fight terrorism there, the country having been the launching pad for the greatest terrorist attack ever perpitrated against the west.

Are there civilian deaths? Yes. It's a war. But should we abandon the war there? Do you think the Islamists would stop sending terrorists to bomb western countries? I doubt it. Islamic dictators have long used the west to excuse their own shortcomings.

Should we leave Afghanistan to people who refuse to allow women to be educated?

These guys looking to march in Wootten Bassett are a bunch of troublemakers who should move to an Islamic country.

But, it's their democratic right to march there, or anywhere in Europe. You know why? Because we're better than them. Because we're not reactionary fools. The UK and other European nations are democracies and you're entitled to free speech, unlike the people of Afghanistan under the Taliban. Or in just about any other strictly Islamic run part of the world, ruled by the type of rules these marchers advocate.

Advertisement