Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain and Coke - Cans?

Options
  • 02-01-2010 7:12pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

According to my friend, there are Captain and Coke cans, which are cans of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum and Coke mixed.

Do these exist? He said he got them in Dunnes before but I couldn't find them today when I looked!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

He's not lying, seen them in Newry a few months ago. They come in a red bull sized can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

They good or a total rip off? I'd be inclined to think rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I can't remember, I wouldn't be surprised either. There's also Smirnoff Mojito version of it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

JD also have a canned version out too but not seen it yet thanks be to god ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

You can get them, but value, no, handiness, possibly.

I don't like them because they're not the correct ratio of Captain to coke for me, I prefer closer to half and half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I would imagine that they are horrible...I would probably buy one just to check though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Dunnes and Molloys do them. Got me through both Christmas day and New Years :D 2.35 in Molloys, not sure of Dunnes but was close to that. Cans are 250ml size.

Dunnes do them, very popular so they are always running short. The cola in them is really cheap and tastes like crap though, and they are only 6%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭sold

According to my friend, there are Captain and Coke cans, which are cans of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum and Coke mixed.

Do these exist? He said he got them in Dunnes before but I couldn't find them today when I looked!

100% its not Coca Cola in them, Coca Cola have no alcoholic mixed drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

They're quite nice, but they'd be so much better if they had Coca Cola in them and not somw own brand cola. And a splash more Captain Morgans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Diagio have released smirnoff & cranberry, gordon's G&T and Captain Morgan's & cola in cans.

I think the morgans is 6% abv

iirc there are 1.99 in fine wines

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Discussed a while ago
    rubadub wrote: »
    6.4%x250=16 “units”. That rum is 35% usually, so a 700ml bottle has 245 “units” so it takes 15.3 of these cans to get a bottle. So @€;2.40 that is €36.75 per bottle including the coke. That is quite pricey coke.

BUT this could well be a relatively cheap option in the pub. A normal measure of 35.5ml @35% is 12.425 "units", so you get more in one of these cans than a regular measure, and a 200ml of coke can cost a fortune in pubs. I remember a mate of mine who use to get vodkas & 7up was getting smirnoff ice and extra vodka on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

You can get them, but value, no, handiness, possibly.
    Price of shot of capt morgans + coke in pub = €4. Price of same in pub = €5.50 or more. Price in off licence for pre-mixed cans = €1.99.

Now tell me there's no value in them ;)

OP, the pre-mixed range from Diageo is available in every off licence up and down the country. They've been out 8 months or more now.

There was talk of a bacardi and coke pre mix as well a few months ago, but I haven't seen them yet. When diageo brought out the mojito and cosmo premixed cocktails the bacardi mojito was on sale here pretty quickly. I thought they would be following suit with the cans as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

grenache wrote: »
    Price in off licence for pre-mixed cans = €1.99.

Now tell me there's no value in them ;)
    Takes 15.3 to make a bottle, so €30.60 for a bottle & coke. A bottle of morgans is €19 in tescos at the moment, so if you are spending more than €11.60 on your coke it is worthwhile. In the other thread people were paying €2.40 per can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

these mini cans are great i have brought them in to many a pub/club/gig.

there quiet strong booze wise.

if you buy the vodka and cranberry in the north its 7.5% double meassure, also you get 3 for £4.50 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

rubadub wrote: »
    Takes 15.3 to make a bottle, so €30.60 for a bottle & coke. A bottle of morgans is €19 in tescos at the moment, so if you are spending more than €11.60 on your coke it is worthwhile. In the other thread people were paying €2.40 per can.
    They're €1.99 in my local offie.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭lisao80

€2.30 in my local carry out..got some last weekend to try , didnt actually like it tho :(

Advertisement