Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steve Prescott MBE

Options
  • 02-01-2010 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

I couldn't usually give a monkeys about the whole outdated honours thing but any recognition for Steve Prescott must be a good thing. To say sportsmen are "brave" is often overused, but I think its a richly deserved title for Prescott.

Great effort, one the RL community have acknowledged for some time, good to get some wider acknowledgement.

BBC Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Prescott was a class player. Used to think he was the best in the business for a while. Don't know too much about his work outside of the game to be honest but it's nice to see RL players recognised in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Whatever he's achieved on the field, surviving the exceptionally rare and aggressive cancer he's had and engaging in the charity/foundation work which he does is little short of a miracle.

As a healthcare professional, I can tell you that the guy is a medical freak and he definitely falls into the category of sheer triumph of the will over brute medical fact...not to put too fine a point on it or be too brutal about it, but they guy should be six feet under a long, long time ago...but then thats RL players for you, never know when to bloody lie down...!

Brilliant honour for the man and his family, friends and supporters. Long may he continue making eejits out of his doctors.

Advertisement