Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadburys Roses

Options
  • 02-01-2010 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

This is just a rant
    I opened our box of roses today ( smaller box than last year 970g V 1 KG ) anyway they have reduced the selection even further and the info card is not correct ! Do we need to start a campaign now for next year ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Looks around , there was already a thread about starting a boycott.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭sold

Roses are just not the same as they used to be, real shame, honestly can't see how they can be called roses.

We debated this same issues over xmas. Cadburys have moved their production to UK and rationalised the tin to compete with Q Street and others. In the 80's a tin of roses was 6 o 7 pounds, ( a lot of money) today you can get them on offer for 5 euros.

Anyway I sent a complaint and here is tha answer. (bog wash answer if you ask me)

Thank you for contacting us concerning Cadbury's new Roses Assortment.

The new Roses Assortment incorporates a number of changes which aim to improve quality and appeal. Any change to our products is carefully researched to ensure that it appeals to as many people as possible. The decision to make changes is always taken carefully, being based on the results of extensive market research. Although reaction to the current Roses Selection is very positive, we appreciate that a product which is popular with some may not be so with others.

We constantly measure consumer reaction and this is one area in particular which we are monitoring very closely. We have noted your comments and they have been passed to the Marketing Manager concerned. We try very hard to ensure that the changes we make are received favourably and we are naturally concerned and sorry that you were unable to enjoy the new Assortment as we intended. Roses chocolates have changed in style and content almost every year since they were launched and the reaction has usually been very positive.

I would like to apologise if the changes have spoiled your enjoyment of Cadbury's Roses. I do hope that this letter has helped to explain the reasons for the changes.

Regards

Mary

Mary Larkin
    Consumer Services Manager
    Cadbury Ireland
    Malahide Road, Coolock,
    Dublin 5, Ireland
    d +353 1 8668659
    e mary.larkin@cadbury.com www.cadbury.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭deisemum

I agree, Roses are not the same as they used to be and not in a good way. I don't mind change when it's a positive change but when they tamper with it and even change the chocolates such as the hazelnut whirl (where's the whirl) then it's not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Just cracked into ours the other day, where's the little dairy milk? I also miss the little bournvilles!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Tins of sweets were one of the most price sensitive products this Christmas. At one point (around the time of the toy show!) the price changed twice in 1 week.

Even as a loss leader, the cost price of these tins must only be €4.50, you get what your prepared to pay for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

They should have all the sweets in a Pick & Mix kiosk.
    You get your tin and only fill it with the sweets you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Tins of sweets were one of the most price sensitive products this Christmas. At one point (around the time of the toy show!) the price changed twice in 1 week.

Even as a loss leader, the cost price of these tins must only be €4.50, you get what your prepared to pay for.

The wholesale price of the roses tin to some shops were 6.29 incl VAT. At one stage Tesco were selling them for 5 euro. It was a loss leader but you can bet something else was increased to make up the loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Snacks & Sweets

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

They've gotten rid of the coconut ones, they were my favourites and I don't know anybody who wants that many of the orange or strawberry ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Magenta wrote: »
    They should have all the sweets in a Pick & Mix kiosk.
    You get your tin and only fill it with the sweets you want.

I LOVE this idea!!!
    chocgirl wrote: »
    They've gotten rid of the coconut ones, they were my favourites and I don't know anybody who wants that many of the orange or strawberry ones!

Coconut? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

chocgirl wrote: »

Are you thinking of Quality Street? I don't remember a coconut one myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Yup the blue wrappered one was a coconutty caramel thingy
    It was one of the nicest!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Irishshin wrote: »

That's in quality street, and it's still there.

Bournville hasn't been in Roses for years.
    Dairy milk is still there.
    The orange and strawberry one's are yummy.

You're all mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

The Dairy Milks also vary each time you open a box of Roses now! Sometimes you get a single chunk in a plastic foil wrapper that you have to tear, sometimes a two square shunk in a similar wrapper, and sometimes a two square chunk in a foil twisty wrapper thing with the new logo. Tis random and very crazy!

The Dairy Milks also vary each time you open a box of Roses now! Sometimes you get a single chunk in a plastic foil wrapper that you have to tear, sometimes a two square shunk in a similar wrapper, and sometimes a two square chunk in a foil twisty wrapper thing with the new logo. Tis random and very crazy!
    I noticed that too but thought it was my own mind playing tricks on me!

Irishshin wrote: »
    That's a Quality Street sweet? And kinda sh!te.

Advertisement