Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One particular website won't load

• 02-01-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Trying to get on to the following website from my laptop and it won't open for me. Every other website is fine. Have tried switching off window firewall to no avail. The website is www.tropicalplaces.ie . Me fixing this problem would earn me major brownie points with the OH;). Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Rylan wrote: »
    Trying to get on to the following website from my laptop and it won't open for me. Every other website is fine. Have tried switching off window firewall to no avail. The website is www.tropicalplaces.ie . Me ficing this problem would earn me major brownie points with the OH;). Any help appreciated.

Site loads fine off the OpenDNS servers, and resolves to 78.153.208.255. Show us the results of a ping attempt and an ipconfig /flushdns.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Not very handy with the old pc but when i do what you say it comes up "the requested operation requires elevation" ??

Ping comes up with a load of "request timed out"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

right click command prompt & select "Run as Administrator" that'll let you run the checks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Not very handy with the old pc but when i do what you say it comes up "the requested operation requires elevation" ??

Ping comes up with a load of "request timed out"

The ping itself may not responded to (and probably won't), but it should demonstrate that name resolution is working at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
    Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>ping 78.153.208.255

Pinging 78.153.208.255 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 78.153.208.255:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

C:\Windows\system32>

Still not loading website though.:(

I can access the website through a proxy server. Weird:confused:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭porte

Hey, try changing your preferred DNS server address to 8.8.8.8. Hope this helps.;)

I can access the website through a proxy server. Weird:confused:.

Then it's not a local issue. Show the results of a traceroute to it. Are you on Smart Telecom? There's a report of a routing issue here.

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?p=25746#post25746

Advertisement