Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumour About 3

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    What exactly is your problem?

Your question pretty much answers what the problem is, but in case not, its the IQ level of some of the moderators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 nikkir359

this is certainly not true if you have a 3g modem for your computer its fine and prices havent changed as for your mobile id advise you to switch to meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I'm with 3 Mobile broadband since they started and haven't had any problems with them. They are ahead of the rest and were offering 10GB's cap when the others were charing the same and more for less. Also they are the only ones that don't charge UK roaming rates for in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Another happy 3 customer here. I have had my phone with them since they launched. Have no intention of changing. The OP has made a baseless statement with no evidence to back it up

nikkir359 wrote: »
    this is certainly not true if you have a 3g modem for your computer its fine and prices havent changed as for your mobile id advise you to switch to meteor

Why would meteor be better than 3 for phone service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I've seen people here say they only hire people in retail here. Don't they have a telesales team in Waterford? I've been with 3 since around October 06. Been on a bill phone for nearly a year now.

Got a call from an 051 number going on about me being a loyal customer... Right away I knew it was about giving me a new phone with a 12 month contract. I want to be on prepay though, don't use my phone enough to merit paying a 23E fee for owning a phone.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I've seen people here say they only hire people in retail here. Don't they have a telesales team in Waterford? I've been with 3 since around October 06. Been on a bill phone for nearly a year now.

Got a call from an 051 number going on about me being a loyal customer... Right away I knew it was about giving me a new phone with a 12 month contract. I want to be on prepay though, don't use my phone enough to merit paying a 23E fee for owning a phone.

Only 3's call centre is outside Ireland. It is incorrect to state they are an extension of the UK. Their Irish head office is in Dublin, where all aspects of their business are done totally independently of the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

3 are fine, i was with them for 2 years but only changed to meteor for the HTC Hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheCelticWizard

How come the Government appointed them to run the nbs? was there no irish company in the running ? or is it a case of give jobs to the foreigners at all costs to be seen to be pc.
    If you run a pink nokia on 20 euro a month , and only call other 3 users within urban areas and never contact them they are probably brilliant, but we dont all wear tracksuits and drive civics.[/quote)

The NBS scheme was put out to tender and 3 won the bid, beatiing Eircom and several others. They are providing broadband in these areas at 20 euros a month including line rental and tax. When completed anybody availing of this will be guaranteed an actual download speed of 1.2 mbps at all times regardless of contention etc, and should anybody recieve less they are to install additional equipment in the user's home at their own expense. Hardly a bad move on the governments part considering any of the landline companies would not only have to replace all the lines but would also have to charge the 25 euro line rental on top of the cost of the broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

Another happy three customer here. I have been based in the UK for the last three months and using my three phone all the time over there. Amazingly my bill has not increased!!!

Secondly, yesterday I found an old motorola v3x that I got from three a few years ago. I wanted to unlock it so that I could use it on another network. I phoned three and they were able to give me the subsidy code over the phone within a couple of minutes, free if charge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

This whole thread appears to be based upon nothing more than an over fertile adolescent imagination, so I've shutting it down.

Thetonynator, any more 'rumours' from you and you better make sure they are ironclad. Otherwise you will be banned permanently from this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement