Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from SIM only 3 contract to Meteor, do I need to give notice?

• 02-01-2010 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of switching from 3 over to Meteor Billpay with a HTC Hero.

I'm currently on month-to-month contracts with 3, i.e. no minimum period. Do I need to give them 30 days notice to port, or can I just do it straight away?

I am only with them for a month on a SIM only contract, but I've found the service pretty bad i.e. no coverage in my house in the middle of Cork City !! It seems to have difficulty getting through buildings with thick walls. I've never had this kind of problem with O2, or Meteor.

So, I'm thinking of dumping them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Think you just head into the Meteor shop with the necessary ID and a copy of your latest 3 bill, request the port, you get ported to Meteor, then 3 send you a final bill for what you owe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You still need to give 30 days notice. Otherwise you'll get your final bill + 1 month at your tariff price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have never given any network notice, I just ported away and they sent a final bill. They have never added an extra month.

Advertisement