Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roads between Galway and Wexford

Options
  • 02-01-2010 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

Wife is in the uk at the month but returning tomorrow. Anyone been between Wexford and Galway, via Limerick, know what the roads are like. Sorry to create another thread about the weather but on the mobile version and forgot me specs :)

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

You can get reasonably good information about road conditions for the main national primary roads (N18, N24 and N25) on the route here. Someone else here will probably have drive some of the Limerick section recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Many thanks, all seem to be treated so that is good

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Read on aa roadwatch that the N18 Ennis Bypass is very icy today - has anyone been on it, is it v bad? Surely its been gritted by now?

Forgot AA Roadwatch, god it is scarey reading

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Dr. Greenthumb

Best way up from Wexford would be to go to Dublin and head across from there. It's safer than all the other routes as it's all motorway and well gritted / salted. It's also quicker in these conditions too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In these icy conditions I'd imagine the two obvious routes - the N24 Waterford to Limerick and the N80 Enniscorthy to Moate - would be poor, especially given how narrow and twisty some sections are.

I would take the N11 to Dublin, then the M50 and the M4/M6 motorway to Galway.

I would have thought that but according to AA roadwatch live map, there are no real problems on the main N24.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advertisement