Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll: Day for C&H Meet Up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Jan: 15th (Friday) Does not suit me
    cHaTbOx wrote: »
    Meet up for everyone first and anyone who wants/can go out after ?

That seems fair enough, though I'd feel really bad for everyone who had to leave.. :( This sounds like it could be a fairly fun day actually though..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Yeah that would be fairest.
    Is there any ideas on what to do that everyone can go to yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Jan: 24th (Sunday)
    Okie dokie , if it is not raining or cold which is is probably going to be , phoenix park picnic/zoo is fun

If not http://www.leisureplex.ie/home.php?page=home there is a leisure plex in Stillorgan which people can get to on the luas. It has a lot of things you can do , and yeah it's better than the cinema were people can't talk

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jan: 24th (Sunday) Does not suit me
    Meet up for everyone first and anyone who wants/can go out after ?
    Okie dokie , if it is not raining or cold which is is probably going to be , phoenix park picnic/zoo is fun

If not http://www.leisureplex.ie/home.php?page=home there is a leisure plex in Stillorgan which people can get to on the luas. It has a lot of things you can do , and yeah it's better than the cinema were people can't talk

This sounds like the best solution. Something for everyone during the day, something else for the older crowd in the evening. I'll be up for it either way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Jan: 17th (Sunday) Does not suit me
    I'm being extremely lazy and haven't read anything. What is the plan? I'll probaly be able to make it whatever day it's on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

I'll be there as a lurker. Where's wally? Ah wouldn't you like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'm being extremely lazy and haven't read anything. What is the plan? I'll probaly be able to make it whatever day it's on.

I don't think there's a definite plan as yet, cHaTbOx suggested the below so that's a possibility I guess? Atm it's looking like it'll be the 16th but the results could change, there's not a huge gap in terms of votes between days I think.

Bit of Q-Zar?

Bit of Q-Zar?
    yeah , thought it was way better way to get to know people doing stuff like that

What better way than to shoot each other while I mispronounce it as quasar. It's a habit I cant get rid of... quasar just sounds right or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Jan: 22th (Friday) Does not suit me
    I'm going to suggest bowling is better than Q-zar because you can actually talk to people and stuff while playing. Also because I suck at Q-zar.
    An ideal solution would be to do both I guess as neither take too long, but I don't know how expensive that would be, anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The only time I played Q-Zar I ended up with a black eye. :o Plus I'm pretty sure most of the people I shot were on my team.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I'm going to suggest bowling is better than Q-zar because you can actually talk to people and stuff while playing. Also because I suck at Q-zar.
    An ideal solution would be to do both I guess as neither take too long, but I don't know how expensive that would be, anyone know?
    depends how many people do it , anything is better than the cinema for a meet up

depends how many people do it , anything is better than the cinema for a meet up

I meant like a per person thing, or do you mean that would depend?
    Would be best to know beforehand how much something is going to cost (and keep it down)

I meant like a per person thing, or do you mean that would depend?
    Would be best to know beforehand how much something is going to cost (and keep it down)
    If i knew beforehand I could try and get a deal , like group rate or something , be around 13 to do both i think

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

What date are we going on? I missed that part...

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    What date are we going on? I missed that part...

I assume 16th looking at poll results, which I might actually go up for, my Programming results are up but only accessible from DCU computers so might as well go up next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Grr @ the inconvenience of Stillorgan -_-

Cinema for a social meetup is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Grr @ the inconvenience of Stillorgan -_-

Is Stillorgan inconvenient?
    A bus goes from there every 10 minutes :S

• Advertisement

phlegms wrote: »
    Is Stillorgan inconvenient?
    A bus goes from there every 10 minutes :S

Well, as far as I can see it'd take me 2 luas trips to get there.

But I'm crap with public transport. There's probably a bus that goes straight there or something.

I'm pretty crap on transport altogether actually. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to find my own way to Stephens' Green, Grafton Street, or any other major landmark. I haven't a clue.

Well, as far as I can see it'd take me 2 luas trips to get there.

But I'm crap with public transport. There's probably a bus that goes straight there or something.

I'm pretty crap on transport altogether actually. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to find my own way to Stephens' Green, Grafton Street, or any other major landmark. I haven't a clue.

Just get the 46a from stillorgan into town and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The luas stop in Stillorgen is not really anywhere near the leisureplex either, so buses would probably be your best bet. 145's are every 10 minutes from town and stop just over the dual carriageway as well, if you can't get a 46a.

Perhaps meeting in Dublin and getting the bus as a group from there, at least a few of us, as in anyone who doesn't know how to get there or would be going that way anyway?

Perhaps meeting in Dublin and getting the bus as a group from there, at least a few of us, as in anyone who doesn't know how to get there or would be going that way anyway?

The more time I get to stroke/admire/caress pygmalion's beard the better tbh.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Jan: 23th (Saturday) Does not suit me
    As far as I'm aware (it says it on the leisure plex site), any evening after 6.00pm, 1 game of bowling, and 1 game of Q-Zar is only €12.65 per person. :)

Pretty reasonable really. And gives good time for people who would like to go out afterwards too. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

We have 17 votes for next Saturday, the 16th. Should those of us who're available that day start making plans to meet up at a set time and place?

We have 17 votes for next Saturday, the 16th. Should those of us who're available that day start making plans to meet up at a set time and place?

Do it, now to just hope the snow stops long enough for me to get to Dublin in the next week.

• Advertisement

yes , don't leave it too late or it doesn't happen

Advertisement