Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

flights to south america

• 02-01-2010 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hi there,

i am planning on doing a trip to SA shortly i.e. end of jan and am just wondering where is the cheapest place to fly into. im planning on staying there for + 6months so it doesnt really matter where i fly into but am having difficulty finding cheapest option. obviously will be contacting travel agents anyway but in the mean time if uve any info or tips would be great.

thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

eve21 wrote: »
    hi there,

i am planning on doing a trip to SA shortly i.e. end of jan and am just wondering where is the cheapest place to fly into. im planning on staying there for + 6months so it doesnt really matter where i fly into but am having difficulty finding cheapest option. obviously will be contacting travel agents anyway but in the mean time if uve any info or tips would be great.

thanks !

A lot of flights go to South America from Madrid, give that a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Try lastminute.ie.

They were the cheapest the time I was going. Much cheaper than Iberia (who go through Madrid).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eve21

thanks for info,

looked at iberia from madrid alright, they are quite expensive. will try last minute, good idea, always forget about that site!!!! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have been to brazil a number of times and you can get to a place called Natal in the northeast of Brazil(which is a great place) for about 700 return it flys out of amsterdam put fly brazil into google. They probably do one way flights aswell. Condor also fly to salvador (brazil) from frankfurt for in and around the same price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How'd you fare OP?

BA are currently offering from Dub to Rio for €550 return. Dates 26/01-26/07

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    How'd you fare OP?

Cant see you getting a better deal than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

Cant see you getting a better deal than that.

Nope, thats amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

air france to rio pretty cheap too

i flew air france to rio last feb (via paris) for around 600 euros

i was there for the carnival, amazing place (avoid sao paulo at all costs however - unless you like a stink of raw sewage and 100s of sqaure miles of favelas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eve21

hey guys,

got a flight with BA for 610 return to rio. leave next thurs,pretty good i think! booked with trailfinders in the end!! it was cheaper with them than the BA website for some reason, i dont know why that is...thanks for the comments anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

eve21 wrote: »
    hey guys,

got a flight with BA for 610 return to rio. leave next thurs,pretty good i think! booked with trailfinders in the end!! it was cheaper with them than the BA website for some reason, i dont know why that is...thanks for the comments anyway!

make absolutely sure to stay there until carnival in feb (!!!)

dont stay in copacabana (!!!) its vastly over rated

check out lapa / santa theresa area for partys/nightlife etc - theres a great hostel called terra brasilis there, has amazing views from rooms and balconies as its way up on top of a hill overlooking the city, ask for tito.. he will do you a good deal :P

make sure to check out sunset at ipanema beach (nicest beach in rio imo)

go hang gliding (!!) its cheap, around 80 euros or something, views are amazing from up there

drink lots of skol beer

• Advertisement

make absolutely sure to stay there until carnival in feb (!!!)

dont stay in copacabana (!!!) its vastly over rated

check out lapa / santa theresa area for partys/nightlife etc - theres a great hostel called terra brasilis there, has amazing views from rooms and balconies as its way up on top of a hill overlooking the city, ask for tito.. he will do you a good deal :P

make sure to check out sunset at ipanema beach (nicest beach in rio imo)

go hang gliding (!!) its cheap, around 80 euros or something, views are amazing from up there

drink lots of skol beer

95 % agree with all the above Rio Scenarium an old colonial building in Lapa and now a Samba dance hall is an unbelievable night out. Just change the skol beer for capirinhas and your on a winner. Trip of a lifetime enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

snubbleste wrote: »
    How'd you fare OP?

Where do you see that? Tried a search on their site. Is it a special offer somewhere?

Advertisement