Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Calibration

Options
  • 02-01-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Okay I've been putting this off for far too long and need to get it sorted soon as I have an exhibition for the start of March. I test printed a batch of photos and the majority of them are not what I want them to be :(

Is there a service where I can rent a Spyder to do this for me, or does anyone have one that I could borrow? I'm based in Sligo but could go to Dublin or Galway to get it done.

Also if anyone can recommend any photo labs and/or websites that I could look at to print my images I would be grateful too :)

Cheers,
    Steven
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

TBH it's one of those things which you need to have access to on a regular basis. If you are at a level where you are printing for an exhibition then it's worth getting one yourself. Someone may help you out this time but may get sick of being asked to do the same every few weeks.

As for the Printing, many here would reccomend 360-dpi.com for high quality prints. Steve (stcstc) post here & gives his customers a personal service & good advice. He is not the cheapest service, but offers good value for money. He is a Photographer himself & has a passion for what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

steven

cabinsail is right you should purchase a calibration system

i calibrate my monitors every 3 or 4 weeks

monitors shift, the backlight changes colour over time.

if you want help with your prints etc, give me a shout. i am based in dun laoghaire

i can do printing mount and framing etc

i have printed a good few exhibitions now

let me know if you want some help

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭riiight!

Thanks for the advice CabanSail. I do intend sometime to buy one but at the moment money is a bit tight, so I do still need to get a "quick fix" and rent or borrow a spyder for the moment.

Steve, I just had a look at your website there. I'll send you an email now with some questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I think that Spyder I have proved it's value. I have a tendency to believe that what I see on the screen could be printed. And hopefully will be printed by 360-dpi. Steve, your work and your customers are the best advertisement for you. I was just thinking about those huge prints you've done for Fajitas!

Just a hopeful bump as I'm still in need of this. I had a look at the various sites listed in the sticky and see that Bermingham's sell one for EUR99. I thought I'd be able to find somewhere cheaper than the usual Dublin over pricing, or am I wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I got my Spyder II for €70 a couple of years ago at PhotoFest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

talk to sheldon, at sheldon photographic, he is one of the main dealers for the datacolour stuff

he might be able to do a good deal for you

mention i sent you

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have a look at them and keep an eye out for any other offers. Cheers!

Advertisement