Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

He's 14

• 02-01-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭

Watching Journey's End again, any time anyone mentions Luke Smith, Sarah Jane always says "He's only 14"

Seriously, it has to happen at least 3 times, even when there's no need to mention Luke, she'll just casually drop in the fact that she has a son and he's 14. I don't watch Sarah Jane Adventures. Is there any reason why she keeps saying his age or is it just bad writing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Watching Journey's End again, any time anyone mentions Luke Smith, Sarah Jane always says "He's only 14"

Seriously, it has to happen at least 3 times, even when there's no need to mention Luke, she'll just casually drop in the fact that she has a son and he's 14. I don't watch Sarah Jane Adventures. Is there any reason why she keeps saying his age or is it just bad writing?

I know Luke was genetically engineered and so I don't think he's actually 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

iguana wrote: »
    I know Luke was genetically engineered and so I don't think he's actually 14.
    Yeah, but saying he's 14 is alot easier than saying that he was grown by an alien species called the Bane, who were invading Earth by introducing living organisms into humans through a new fizzy drink called Bubble Shock. Luke, or 'The Architype' as he was then known, was developed because 2% of humans were immune to the effects of the Bane, and they made him to try to make it compatable with the other 2%.

Yes, I watch SJA and I'm not afraid to admit it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭_SONIC_

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Yeah, but saying he's 14 is alot easier than saying that he was grown by an alien species called the Bane, who were invading Earth by introducing living organisms into humans through a new fizzy drink called Bubble Shock. Luke, or 'The Architype' as he was then known, was developed because 2% of humans were immune to the effects of the Bane, and they made him to try to make it compatable with the other 2%.

thats it man!! let it all out !!:):)

i think that thats just hher chat up line!!! :cool:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    There's another! I think SJA is very well done for a kid's movie and is far more consistent than 'Doctor Who' has been. It's got some quite dark episodes and has done a nice job expanding on some of the creations of the parent show (in particular the Slitheen).

When the BBC wanted to make a CBBC Who show they initially wanted to make a live action show about the Doctor as a teenager on Galifrey but RTD talked them out of it and convinced them to go with a series about Sarah-Jane. I think he made the right call.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

iguana wrote: »
    When the BBC wanted to make a CBBC Who show they initially wanted to make a live action show about the Doctor as a teenager on Galifrey but RTD talked them out of it and convinced them to go with a series about Sarah-Jane. I think he made the right call.
    Oh that sounds awful! I'm one of those who doesn't really want to know what happened to the Doctor growing up on Gallifrey, but to keep that air of mystery about it and at most accept he has a grand daughter (though I prefer the spin-off media's interpretation of how Susan is his grand daughter).

ixoy wrote: »
    Oh that sounds awful! I'm one of those who doesn't really want to know what happened to the Doctor growing up on Gallifrey, but to keep that air of mystery about it

Now see, you have more in common with Davies than you thought.:D

"Somehow, the idea of a fourteen-year-old Doctor, on Gallifrey inventing sonic screwdrivers, takes away from the mystery and intrigue of who he is and where he came from," ---RTD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

ixoy wrote: »
    though I prefer the spin-off media's interpretation of how Susan is his grand daughter
    What interpretation is that?

Off-topic: How come so many moderators visit this forum? Sometimes there are more posts from moderators in DW&T than in the AMod forum

Advertisement