Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Kennels

Options
  • 02-01-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here used http://www.galwaykennels.com ?

Am going away and would like to put the dog up for a few nights, it looks like they have the facilities to let him play in a play area supervised where as i reakon most kennels would keep him locked up most of the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

They are great, very friendly and no the dogs aren't locked up all the time.
    They have different play areas depending on the size of the dogs etc.

Well recommended. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I havent used these kennels but if you want another option there is another small kennel in Ardrahen, names are Angela & Darren, was recommended to me by someone else on boards and I was very happy with them. PM if you want their number. I paid for Tilly to be kept in the house but they have some exercise areas, dogs were out when I went to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Thanks Guys, think we are after getting a relative to stay in the house for the week so the dog sitting problem may be solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mr Levitation

I used them before but on each return Brian would have to go indoors to collect the dogs.This may have been a coincidence. However we have always said that our dog is like a cameleon, when she's happy she has a brilliant bright coat and when she's not she's very dull and down in the dumps. This was the case too often when we collected her so we have changed kennels now and we've not had this problem. Galway kennels have a nice facility in fairness but you know yourself when you are not 100% happy then why use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chelseababy

Also you could try carakennels in oughterard and wagsalot in monivea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I would second http://www.wagalotkennels.com/
    The lady there is dog mad and the set up is great, just take a look at the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 clevercanines

As a dog trainer, I have worked with Galway Kennels & boarded my dogs there. The dogs have a great routine, breakfast, out to play in for a seista, out again & in for dinner.
    Some dogs might not like all the doggie interaction if they're not used to it but I feel for a well socialized dog its a great place.
    They really have your dogs best interested at heart. Oh they take in cats aswell (dont worry they're not let loose wit the dogs:) )

Advertisement