Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water not reaching tap - truma boiler working

Options
  • 02-01-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Can anybody help, please?
    I cannot get my water running. I have a '96 Hymer 654.
    I am doing what i thibk is the right thing to get the water flowing,
    switching on the boiler,
    closing the dump valve,
    switching on the hot tap in kitchen,
    i wait for the system to expel the air but all i am getting is a bare dribble.
    I tried the shower and got a good flow of hot water and then this stopped.
    Any ideas?
    the hen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Have you had water in your tanks and pipes all this time during the freezing temps?
    If so, I would suspect that you have a leaking joint / burst pipe somewhere and the water is either not getting to the tap from the boiler or the supply to the boiler has run dry.

As the boiler itself seems to be working, the anti freeze dump valve should stay closed. But they can be temperamental, so check under your van just in case the boiler is dumping all its warm water.

In general, unless your tanks are all inside and well heated and insulated, I would advise against playing with water in this cold.

Advertisement