Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleepsuit that zips up the back

Options
  • 02-01-2010 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does anyone know where you can buy the fleece type sleepsuits but ones that have the zip at the back?

Our 2 year old son has recently started stripping himself, nappy and all every night when he goes to bed. Not the end of the world in itself but the other night he stripped and then decided it was time for a "dirty protest" all over the floor and then decided to dance it into the carpet, and get handfuls and mush it into the doorframe! So we had great fun putting him into the shower, scrubbing the carpet and washing down woodwork until half 9 at night.

The only thing I can think of to keep him dressed at night is a back zipping sleepsuit, so if anybody knows where I can get these I will be eternally grateful. I have trawled the internet and department store websites as far as USA and can't find any.

Please, please, please help.......:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

We couldn't find any either & my son went thru the strip stage. We got a gro-bag, sewed the zip closed and put a tight pyjama top over the poppers at the shoulders! Job done! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

put my undressing 3 yr oldinto a sleepsuit with a button under the crotch vest underneath so no nappy off and a teeshirt on top to so no suit off, oddly enough he does not take off regular pjs - top and bottoms - so if it is not too cold that is what he is in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mumto3

A large safety pin,the type they used to use with cloth nappies.place it under the zip once youv closed it up.works perfectly:Dbeen doing it for generations in my family!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I've been giggling over this all day:) Very funny how you described what must have been a very annoying and frustrating episode. Hope the tips work. Have noted them for the future ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

My little guy refuses to wear those things. Always hated them and his pajamas would twist up everyway and the blankets kicked off. So i got him a toddler fleece sleeping bag and thermal underwear to sleep in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

i don't mean to laugh but it sounds hilarious!! i know i had lots of back popper button and zip up babygros when the girls were small that were gifts from the usa.. i've rarely seen them here though.. although you've probably tried them.. the jcpenny or dillards or the babies r us websites they might have them.. good luck searching..have you tried the pull up pants nappies?? maybe not as easy to get off?? the safety pin through the hole in the zip pinned to the pyjamas so he can't get a grip maybe?? it's so hard to outwit them:D you'll try anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

My sister solved this charming little problem by cutting the feet off cheap sleeping suits and putting them on backwards with a tight t-shirt over it. Her son is older and has special needs, but should work for any child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Mr. Muddle wrote: »
    My sister solved this charming little problem by cutting the feet off cheap sleeping suits and putting them on backwards with a tight t-shirt over it. Her son is older and has special needs, but should work for any child.

+1 I was just about to suggest that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GRANNY S

All the suggestions are fine, but if you think it could be an ongoing problem, I would recommend a special suit made for this problem. My daughter was driven to despair with my grandson constant undressing. She found a company called www.kcsleepsuits.co.uk and has not looked back since. Hope you find a solution.

• Advertisement
Advertisement