Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In The Play-pen: Fad

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

After reading through the thread I can safely say fair play Fad. A lot of these answers are similar to ones I'd give.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

If you could remove one country from existence what one would it be and why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Jako8 wrote: »
    If you could remove one country from existence what one would it be and why?

Some small crappy one like Togo.

Or Somalia, them and their pesky not badass pirates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Have you enjoyed your period in the play-pen?

Any advice for future play-pen cadidates?

Who's your favourite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?

Monzo wrote: »
    Have you enjoyed your period in the play-pen?

Any advice for future play-pen cadidates?

Who's your favourite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?

Yep, didnt think it'd get any response considering my slightly erratic behaviour a couple of days ago! I did think people would have asked some more I dunno, prying questions, but meh.

Nah, it's pretty self explanatory.

Michaelangelo's the orange one right? Me likey the orange one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

What course are you going to change to?

Has college lived up to your expectations after receiving your results?

Are you still living at home? What is this like? ( I assume you have loads of friends in crappy accommodation with a distinct lack of adult supervision!)

Do you find having 2 jobs and a college course eats into your time?

Good answers to the previous questions by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Fad wrote: »
    Michaelangelo's the orange one right? Me likey the orange one.

Michelangelo was the party dude!

michelangelo2.jpg

(I google image searched him, came up with a load of sculptures, like wtf?)

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    What course are you going to change to?

Has college lived up to your expectations after receiving your results?

Are you still living at home? What is this like? ( I assume you have loads of friends in crappy accommodation with a distinct lack of adult supervision!)

Do you find having 2 jobs and a college course eats into your time?

Good answers to the previous questions by the way!

MSISS in TCD or Engineering somewhere. (Hopefully)

College has been, so far, seriously underwhelming. It just isnt what its made out to be.

Yes (I live a 45 minute walk from UCD, moving out would just be a little self indulgent!). I hate it, less to do with my lack of ridiculous freedom, but more to do with my family. We're not really getting on at the moment and I really cant see myself managing ANOTHER 4+ years of this sans breakdown of some description.

Nah it's fine, I enjoy one of them and its only 5 hours spread over the week. Other one is on Sunday's, and I really dont like it........ >_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Fad wrote: »
    MSISS in TCD or Engineering somewhere. (Hopefully) Be careful with engineering, it is really difficult and long hours! Do business, enjoy college and become a manager like your dad!

College has been, so far, seriously underwhelming. It just isnt what its made out to be. Interesting, I'm the opposite to be honest, UL is better than i thought it was going to be. The course so far has been a pile of cack but the clubs and socs are making it the best time of my life so far...hence a very nervous exam results time!

Yes (I live a 45 minute walk from UCD, moving out would just be a little self indulgent!). I hate it, less to do with my lack of ridiculous freedom, but more to do with my family. We're not really getting on at the moment and I really cant see myself managing ANOTHER 4+ years of this sans breakdown of some description. haha true it would be a little indulgent! I was interested to know because if I had to live at home i'd end up punching the walls or something! For various reasons most of my weekends are spent in Limerick and when I do come home I really look forward to going back to Limerick again!

Thanks for answering by the way!

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Thanks for answering by the way!

Oh Jesus.....I'm not going to manage a petrol station later in life.......*shudder*

If I go the businessy route it'll be something financey maybe, I dunno.

Tempted to stick UCC (Or whatever) down as number one and not mention it to any of my family, get it, be stuck with it, and bail off down the country!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

STAY AWAY FROM BUSINESS!

I'm doing a business course atm, it's a load of charlie brown. I'm currently filling out the cao as I realised I don't want to be doing it the rest of my life.

I've a friend in Msiss and she likes it far as I know. In fact, she's here on boards, more of a lurker though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

STAY AWAY FROM BUSINESS!

I'm doing a business course atm, it's a load of charlie brown. I'm currently filling out the cao as I realised I don't want to be doing it the rest of my life.

I've a friend in Msiss and she likes it far as I know. In fact, she's here on boards, more of a lurker though.
    Are you one of thr 63% who can't taste the difference between Hellmans Mayo and Hellmans Mayo Lite?:P

STAY AWAY FROM BUSINESS!

It's not really the business end of MSISS I want, it's more the Management Science and practical computing end I'm interested in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

What don't you like about your current course, Fad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Why are you and your family always fighting?

jumpguy wrote: »
    What don't you like about your current course, Fad?

What I'm learning in general.

The way people who dont choose to do computer science through the CAO are kinda ****ed over when it comes to continuing computer science next year.....

Jako8 wrote: »
    Why are you and your family always fighting?

Dunno, we never really got on that well to begin with, but it's been getting steadily worse recently (Couple of months). I need to move out........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Anything by me I assume :(

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Nah, not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

If you could be fluent in a language, which would you choose?
    If you could change one thing about yourself, what'd it be?
    Favourite dessert?
    Is there better toast out there? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Do you mind if we close this thread after you've answered SarcasticFairy's questios? :)

If you could be fluent in a language, which would you choose?
    If you could change one thing about yourself, what'd it be?
    Favourite dessert?
    Is there better toast out there? :eek:

Properly at Irish, or Japanese.

Er, physique in general? As insulating and fun as the belly is......

Dunno, I'd rarely have dessert when out, I'd prefer a coffee normally (Yes, I know, I'm a freak)

No, but I need a new toaster, it was dying two months ago and it's worse now!
    Do you mind if we close this thread after you've answered SarcasticFairy's questios? :)

Yes, very much so.

(Fire away :))

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Congratulations Fad on your sterling performance in the Playpen. You've set a very high standard for the rest of us to follow.

Up next week is everybody's favourite poet, yours truly: Insect Overlord.
    We'll be kicking off on Saturday evening. I'm looking forward to it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement