Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinds?

Options
  • 02-01-2010 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi!

I am thinking of giving grinds in German, French and maybe Latin and am posting around. Is anyone of you giving grinds? If so, where do you get your students from? Where did you advertise? I heard the newspapers were quite expensive to post in. I would mostly try and get Leaving Cert and Junior as well as First Years for grinds.
    Help anyone?!
    Thanks a million
    :pac:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I have generally done it on and off by word of mouth. Generally they'd be people I'd know from the engineering building from TA'ing. I haven't made a steady business of it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anamara86

My college allowed us to post our details re grinds on their students union website, and it was great. I always had great numbers, there is alot of money to be made, if you get your name around.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Hi Arda

I contacted students union, the disability office and careers office in my college. They regularly receive requests from students looking for grinds and can keep your name on file. The course leaders/lecturers of your subject areas also receive requests from their own students and can pass on your details. Other then that I have seen students sticking up posters on notice boards around the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

I put ads in the local school bookshop. More people asked me for grinds than I could take on. Another good place would be the local Curves- that was great for babysitting ads because there were a lot of mothers

Advertisement