Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bins Balbriggan

Options
  • 02-01-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Green bins where due to be collected today for the first time sine Christmas. The collection was cancelled today due to the condition of the roads.

Can't seem to see anything on the Fingal Website. Does anyone know when they will be collected as it is quite quite full.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Thanks for posting-was wondering! I'll ring them on Monday n find out!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

http://www.greenbin.ie/latest-news/140-bin-collections-disrupted.html

Presumably that's what you're talking about. At least they've put some info up. You should be able to check updated info for 2010 on that website (just your road should be enough, don't think you need a house number), though I'm not sure if there still might be a little bit of overlap from Christmas, etc.

We were fortunate enough to have a collection on the 30th, next one is supposed to be on the 13th. I'm not in Balbriggan, though. If you're not sure it might be worth chasing it up by phone as suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Cheers for that. Didn't check that site only looked at fingals co co.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Slightly off topic, but I must say, fair play to Panda, who collected our black bin at half five yesterday evening. The collection was due yesterday, but we did not think for a second they would be out in those conditions.

Are they only accepting bins with the june2010 stickers on them now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

The next collection for Balbriggan is the 15th. Greyhound are a joke. If Panda and Fingal could come out in that weather why couldn't they? I am still waiting for a reply from there site. The green bin is overflowing and I am not going to go through it to separate everything so I can bring it to the recycling centre. It's into the black bin for me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

JohnnieK wrote: »
    If Panda and Fingal could come out in that weather why couldn't they? I am still waiting for a reply from there site.
    I'm sure you understand that all the bin companies are not located in the same area so it's not hard to imagine that one was effected due to the adverse weather and the others not.

You hardly expect a reply from them on a Sunday?

Just rang the helpline that is listed on www.greenbin.ie and it says that the collection has been reschuled for Saturday 9th January.

JohnnieK wrote: »
    TThe green bin is overflowing and I am not going to go through it to separate everything so I can bring it to the recycling centre. It's into the black bin for me. :mad:

Greyhound
    Additional waste from holiday period
    Now that the festive period is over, many households will have been left with extra recyclables' waste due to all the additional packaging generated from gifts, parties and other festivities.
    If your bin is currently full, please note that additional recyclables can be placed beside your green bin - in a neat manner - for collection up to and inclusive of 15 January. This waste must be tied neatly or placed in a clear plastic bag.
    Don't forget to include all clean plastics (cleaning products, shampoo, juice containers) as well as tins, cans, paper and cardboard.
    For further information contact our customer service department on 1890 342 342. (Last updated: 4 January, 09.55.)

Thanks Bluetonic.

Grayhound said they will be around this Saturday the 9th to collect the bins :)

• Advertisement

Sorry. Didn't see sgarvan's post :rolleyes:

yep heard the 9th aswell!

It's down for the 9th alright but I see on www.greenbin.ie that other areas have been effected due to the weather conditons. Hopefully it will be alright out balbriggan way on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

In Balscadden our bin collection was due today and the previous one Christmas Eve but neither arrived. Bin is heaving. Sure I might as well just burn all my rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

They are cancelled again this morning due to the weather.

Our bin is overflowing! Hasn't been collected since before Christmas.

Panda have been making the rounds in the estate no problem, their service seems more efficient so I'm thinking of switching over.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

I got a text from Panda yesterday saying to put out bins as normal and if they don't make it they'll collect extra (I presume in bags) next time. But to be fair, they haven't missed one collection (black or green).

I saw a brown bin collection yesterday and I think it was Fingal.

They are cancelled again this morning due to the weather.

Our bin is overflowing! Hasn't been collected since before Christmas.

Panda have been making the rounds in the estate no problem, their service seems more efficient so I'm thinking of switching over.
    Panda are coming from a different location than Greyhound so your not comparing like with like, so it's an unfair comparison. Lots of area are affected worse than others. Safety first.

Have you no bags you can put your rubbish into? Absolutely no need to have an overflowing bin.

Just to give you an idea of what it's like at Ballymount and Clondalkin see the attached, but no lets have a load of people endanger themselves and the public just to collect a few bins.

Well they didn't arrive again today- roads are even worse sure!!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are they only accepting bins with the june2010 stickers on them now?
    From the Fingal Council website

"Please note that 2010 bills will issue early in January 2010. In the meantime your stickers dated December 2009 will cover all bin collections."

http://www.greenbin.ie/latest-news/148-collections-suspended.html

Says colletions will resume on Monday weather depending. Wonder does that mean they will be coming out this way on Monday? Hopefully it is cause some amount of rubbish falling out bins that are left out and blowing around

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

sgarvan wrote: »
    http://www.greenbin.ie/latest-news/148-collections-suspended.html

Says colletions will resume on Monday weather depending. Wonder does that mean they will be coming out this way on Monday? Hopefully it is cause some amount of rubbish falling out bins that are left out and blowing around
    The link you posted states:
    "Anyone who has presented their bin today should now bring it back in and store all additional waste generated over the holiday period until normal service is resumed"

Which suggests you will need to await your next "normal" collection date, unless they post specific additional collection details on their website (otherwise how would you know when to put the bin back out again)

Beasty wrote: »
    From the Fingal Council website

"Please note that 2010 bills will issue early in January 2010. In the meantime your stickers dated December 2009 will cover all bin collections."

Thanks! So no collection for another 3 weeks -can't be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

I'm definitly changing over to Panda, it seems like they're always collecting. It's ridiculous that the bins haven't been collected. And my brown bin is still full and getting smellier by the day. The bins look horrible just sitting outside my house but I'm afraid to bring them in in case there's an impromptu collection!

Green Bin collection for me is supposed to be tomorrow. Fingal collected my brown bin on the 8th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Greyhound is on the road in Balbriggan this morning for definite. Finally I'll get my bin emptied and a further 3 bags collected as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

They collected in Balrothery yesterday but the feckers didn't take the 2 extra bags (one was on top and they even took it off and put it on the ground).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Well I'm going nowhere for the day; if I have to hobble after them up the road with a baby on my hip I will. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

RobFowl wrote: »
    They collected in Balrothery yesterday but the feckers didn't take the 2 extra bags (one was on top and they even took it off and put it on the ground).
    You should call them back, because they say on their website here
    Customers are also advised that they can present any additional dry recyclable material provided it is presented in a safe, neat and secure manner (i.e. neatly bundled or in a clear plastic bag).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Green bins finally collected here today - thank god. however, the sh!te that has blown all around the streets for the last two weeks is still there. Most people didn't bother taking the bins back in and they have been left open and blowing rubbish everywhere.
    Wonder will Fingal send a cleaning cart, or road sweeper around? what am I saying, don't be stupid, of course not!

Advertisement