Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bins Balbriggan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Wonder will Fingal send a cleaning cart, or road sweeper around? what am I saying, don't be stupid, of course not!
    Is there no such thing as personal responsibility? Why don't the people who are responsible for littering your street pick it up?

For the record the mini FCC road sweeper has cleaned our road ever week since the turn of the year, including yesterday. Fair play to FCC.

Do you even live on a road thats been taken over by FCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

our green bins were collected yesterday, it was after 8pm and that seems to be the regular time when they collect them

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We phoned them earlier in the week, and they said ours would be collected yesterday, but it's still not happened. I guess we are in a low population density area, and they have other priorities

We are due a regular collection next Thursday, and it may be they do not do a catch-up for us. We were able to drop some of our excess Xmas recyclables at the recycling centre in Swords.

At least with the green bin stuff it can be bagged-up and stored without any health (or stench!) concerns (assuminmg they do pick up the extra stuff when they do turn up)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Is there no such thing as personal responsibility? Why don't the people who are responsible for littering your street pick it up?

For the record the mini FCC road sweeper has cleaned our road ever week since the turn of the year, including yesterday. Fair play to FCC.

Do you even live on a road thats been taken over by FCC?

to be quite frank, no there is no personal responsibility on our street - for anything! we have a lot of renters, and this number has increased recently, and basically not giving a tuppence about the general community or condition of the street. Nothing against renters, i was one myself for a while, but some people who rent don't place a lot of value on maintaining their area.
    I have cleaned outside my own house and around, but I am certainly not doing the whole area. The fact that people left their bins out for 2 weeks knowing their rubbish was blowing everywhere doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that they will now clean up after themselves!

We never have the road sweeper here, when the grass gets cut it is only along the pathway edge, and not the other areas.

And yes, we are in a street taken over by FCC - I'm not that thick as to expect them to clean up when they don't have responsibility for the road we're on!:p

Advertisement