Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Beam Skerries

Options
  • 02-01-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Seen this twice now when driving from Balbriggan to Skerries. A light beam shining into the sky.

Anyone know where this is from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

What direction ??
    It wasnt the Rockabill ?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

Possibly from Wrights in Swords. Major light beams from the new night club.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I see it to my right over Skerries as I am driving from Balbriggan to Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've seen it from the Hills too. Lights up the clouds overhead when the conditions are right. Appears to be due east of me, so would say that it is from over Red Island direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

I've seen this a couple of times myself now,
    Spotted it last night too driving into Skerries from Lusk.
    It only seems to show up when the weather is misty.I thought it might just have been one of the spot lights in the ground outside the spar in Kelly's Bay just mis aligned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Its Wrights in Swords, they have huge light beams up most nights the place is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

It must not have been the light I could see then as it was in front of me driving into Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Saw a pretty large boat off the Islands today. Dont know how long it has been around. Its not a fisheries protection vessel but does look like it is some kind of research vessel. Took a pictuer of it this evening and will post it if it of good enough quality. Some of you will recognise it as I have seen it off Skerries a few times, maybe they were working at night?

This is it. Not great quality but.......
    [EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]4248822270_fa7098db25.jpg[/EMAIL]">

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 CD87

That's the Irish Lights ship, ILV Granuaile.

granuaile.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

But it is not the light above Skerries.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

As you're driving FROM balbriggan TO skerries and you come around the S bend (through the canyon like walls near the railway tracks) you suddenly see skerries in front of you, the beam is INLAND off to the right and looks to be above the big EuroSpar near the railway tracks behind KellysBay estate... so unless the MV Grainule has wheels i doubt its that!!!

It is not wrights in swords... its location is roughly in the centre of this map:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=53.580743,-6.135185&num=1&sll=53.579946,-6.13153&sspn=0.012587,0.038581&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=53.581525,-6.134663&spn=0.012586,0.038581&t=h&z=15

Morphéus wrote: »
    As you're driving FROM balbriggan TO skerries and you come around the S bend (through the canyon like walls near the railway tracks) you suddenly see skerries in front of you, the beam is INLAND off to the right and looks to be above the big EuroSpar near the railway tracks behind KellysBay estate... so unless the MV Grainule has wheels i doubt its that!!!

It is not wrights in swords... its location is roughly in the centre of this map:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=53.580743,-6.135185&num=1&sll=53.579946,-6.13153&sspn=0.012587,0.038581&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=53.581525,-6.134663&spn=0.012586,0.038581&t=h&z=15

Thats it exactly, just wonder what it is from. Doubt it is EuroSpar but could be.
    Defo not the ship.

Morphéus wrote: »
    so unless the MV Grainule has wheels i doubt its that!!!

I have never seen the light I was mearly pointing out the ship in the area and Maybe the beam had come from that depending on where you were. Some have seen it when driving from Lusk and some thought it was over red island.

Aliens seen in the Ballist pit:D

Defo not wrights of swords. Was down outside it tonight and no beam form it

Advertisement