Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sound coming out of wrong speakers

• 02-01-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Recently I upgraded to windows 7 64 (was running xp 64) and since my sound has been messed up.

I have Logitech Z5500 speakers 5.1 and a audigy 2 ZS soundcard. I downloaded windows 7 drivers for it which allowed them to work but now the sound is coming from the wrong speakers, as follows:

Left front comes out center
    Center comes out left
    Subwoofer comes out right front
    Right back comes out back left and vice versa
    and subwoofer does nothing

So pretty severely messed up, anyone any idea? I presume it's a driver issue but the drivers I found seem to be working for everyone else running win 7 64

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Can you not just swap the connections around? (ones into the soundcard)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Connections in the sound card are in the correct slots though?

Deaddude wrote: »
    Connections in the sound card are in the correct slots though?
    Maybe the drivers have messed up or reasigned the connections.
    I had a similar issue and that is how i fixed it albeit with different speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roberthurley14

i had a similar problem with my z5500's but i have a fata1ty card, try set them as 7.1 (even tho theyre not) it worked for me

Thanks game that did work, bizarely though because on XP they were correct lol.

Spent about 15 minutes rearranging the cables before I got a combination that worked.

• Advertisement

Deaddude wrote: »
    Thanks game that did work, bizarely though because on XP they were correct lol.

Spent about 15 minutes rearranging the cables before I got a combination that worked.
    Nice one,enjoy.:)

Just trying to get windows to use 5.1 setup now for some reason it'll only use the front left + right and subwoofer

Yet in the audio test console now all the speakers are playing correctly

Not sure if you have tried this but if not,
    Try going to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\manage audio devices.
    If you right click on speakers you will get the option to "configure speakers".Change them to 5.1's there.

Yeh it is set to 5.1 and I've tried other settings too, with the speaker test facility all of them work perfectly but the system just won't use them.

On the speakers I changed it from 6 channel direct (which it selects automatically) to Stereo x2 and everything but the center speaker worked

Strange,i wonder is it down to the configuration of the cables that with Stereo x2 all but the sub works?
    When you say "the system just won't use them" what programs are you trying that wont use them?
    If it any consolation to you it has me confused too:P

• Advertisement

Installed the new beta drivers and all the speakers bar the center speaker is working now on the 6 Ch direct setting (which is the setting for surround sound)

The center speaker isn't broken it does work (i.e. I can hear from it by using the creative speaker test facility)

Scratch that the center speaker is working, turned it up full volume on the via the button and held it to my ear could hear it faintly putting out sound so maybe a volume control issue somewhere

Pah

Advertisement