Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting New Friends!!!

Options
  • 02-01-2010 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi to all in this lovely City and County of ours; this may seem like a strange question but here goes; I am a single 35 year old girl who enjoys going out on the town and meeting new people. However, my social life is suffering of late as ALL my friends are married laid up expecting babies, have babies, or in serious relationships and I have Zero Single Friends to Party with!! I have one single friend left who lives in Dublin and I am not that pushed heading up there every weekend for a night out, as little as possible to Dublin. Don't get me wrong I have good friends and I am delighted for them that they are happy etc. I am in a few clubs in Kilkenny as I enjoy sport and a gym however I cannot seem to meet single girls the same as myself, I have a job (thank god) and it'd be lovely to meet a few girls my own age to go out with!! Can anyone offer me any advice as to what I should do? As I am at a loss.......thank you, as I would really appreciate it. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 carlychick

Just to mention I am 'normal'!! and upto the last couple of years would always have a gang of girlie friends to go out and party with and have a laugh. I guess I was going out with a guy for 2 years which finished last April so would like to meet the special guy as well but more importantly to have a laugh going out if I could find a few new girlie friends for a laugh at weekends, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

Would you consider taking up horse riding if you like sports? Great way of making new friends.

hi there, thanks for your response. yes, i go horse riding which i really enjoy but no - have met no single people horse riding - at the same stage in life as myself. just as a matter of interest - is there a particular club or i don't know 'events' that your involved in? that you could suggest? i am not 'desperate' to find the love of my life (good if he comes along) but i would like to meet similar folk at the same stage in life as i am at....

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Hey there ,
    I am male and married and work extremely long hours during the week and sometimes at the weekend and was worried about my wife (around the same age as yourself) left at home alone as it can get very lonely.She joined a yoga class as it is all female (she didn't want to be hit upon) and made some good friends.There is always someone to go for a walk with or have a coffee or a glass of wine with or hit the movies or clubs with.They don't live in each others pockets but do organise nights out.They are not in Kilkenny but you might find something similar.
    Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

carlychick wrote: »
    just as a matter of interest - is there a particular club or i don't know 'events' that your involved in? that you could suggest? i am not 'desperate' to find the love of my life (good if he comes along) but i would like to meet similar folk at the same stage in life as i am at....

You can find a local riding club, look in www.AIRC.ie (association of irish riding clubs) . the focus is more on having fun than being competitive. We also have an annual festival where 1000 of us meet over a weekend for pints and horsey competition.
    New members are always welcome and costs are small. I've been involved for a few years and really enjoy the craic. Check it out and see what you think, we're a friendly bunch. Plenty of single people there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Hi to all in this lovely City and County of ours; this may seem like a strange question but here goes; I am a single 35 year old girl who enjoys going out on the town and meeting new people. However, my social life is suffering of late as ALL my friends are married laid up expecting babies, have babies, or in serious relationships and I have Zero Single Friends to Party with!! I have one single friend left who lives in Dublin and I am not that pushed heading up there every weekend for a night out, as little as possible to Dublin. Don't get me wrong I have good friends and I am delighted for them that they are happy etc. I am in a few clubs in Kilkenny as I enjoy sport and a gym however I cannot seem to meet single girls the same as myself, I have a job (thank god) and it'd be lovely to meet a few girls my own age to go out with!! Can anyone offer me any advice as to what I should do? As I am at a loss.......thank you, as I would really appreciate it. :)

Heya! I'm in the same boat as yourself, albeit a few years younger! I've joined up with a running club called Kilkenny City Harriers since I moved here. Train twice a week. Nice people there, and it seems to be very popular, especially with the gals!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm in the cycling club Marble City Cylers and we have a few lady members both older and younger than you. You can spot me wearing some boards.ie gear :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

hi, just want to thank you all for your responses. i appreciate you taking the time to send me an email and advice. I am in the marble city cyclers, people are lovely and a very friendly bunch! Now, the horse riding seems interesting and the cost is low enough which is always a bonus and the running, must try that. thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Purry Cat

hi, just want to thank you all for your responses. i appreciate you taking the time to send me an email and advice. I am in the marble city cyclers, people are lovely and a very friendly bunch! Now, the horse riding seems interesting and the cost is low enough which is always a bonus and the running, must try that. thank you.

One other idea. Theatre groups are usually good for meeting new people and broadening one's horizons. And you don't have to be able to act either! I'm sure the Watergate Theatre will have a list of local theatre groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Just to let you know the running gets back underway tomorrow night at the running track outside the Watershed. All new members are welcome. 6.30 start, and usually goes on for about an hour. I'm one of the few guys that turn up! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement