Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert VHS Cassette to a DVD

• 02-01-2010 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Lad's

Does anybody know anywhere in Waterford that can convert you old VHS Cassettes to DVD'S. I have a few lying around that i would like to get done

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'd love to know myself. I recently found my wedding dvd which is almost 20 years old and would like to get it copied onto dvds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

You may have tapped into a wanted service that someone could offer if the rate was good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭larchielads

you could prob do it yourself wit a dvd recorder but the quality would still only be vhs quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

SuirDzign up on Patrick Street will do this for you. €20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

a chap called michael kenny does it as well but i dont know how much
    www.mikam.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

If you have access to a dvd recorder you could set up a scart between the two and do it yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭teckno

I don't have a VHS Recorder though now. I only have the tapes. I ight try the Sure Dzign Crowd in Patrick Street. See what they can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

meldrew wrote: »
    If you have access to a dvd recorder you could set up a scart between the two and do it yourself

Thats right. I have a dvd recorder with a hard disk and a scart linking the vhs player to the dvd recorder does the job.

The quality is quite variable though, the quality and age of the video tape can affect how good the outcome is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

If ya have a dvd recorder you can hook up a video player and away ya go. Lidl had an item about 6 months ago that allowed you to hook up any co-ax or scart cables to your pc for about 20e. Included software and everything.

As mentioned, quality will be the same as the tape, so dont expect it to be dvd quality

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 mrfinnj

hi there, bridge stores in new ross provide this service, we can put video and camcorder tapes on dvd and tapes and vinyl records on cd. the cost is €10 per copy

we are at 20 north st, new ross
    051 422696

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Doing it yourself is not worth it unless it's something very precious cause it is sooo time consuming and results maybe be poor.

Advertisement