Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st Surprise Birthday party, Where to have it??

Options
  • 02-01-2010 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Any advice on do's and don'ts, :D good deals decent venues etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

My place. Everyone's invited. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kat24

I guess it depends on how many people you're inviting, will you be needing a hall/function room or an alcove in a pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

I can't tell you, it would ruin the surprise...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Munstermad wrote: »
    Any advice on do's and don'ts, :D good deals decent venues etc.

Try the Rusells, Scotts and the Highway. They are all under the same ownership and do special offers right now for all types of parties.

Free Champagne receptions on arrival, different types of foods on offer with different prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Berty wrote: »
    Try the Rusells, Scotts and the Highway. They are all under the same ownership and do special offers right now for all types of parties.

Free Champagne receptions on arrival, different types of foods on offer with different prices.
    They also put their prices up during the budget so that the "new" price would be the same as the one 2 days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mcarrol27

Would stay away from Aubars if I was you, was at a company do there before Xmas, and we were overcharged for pretty much everything. (5.40 for a bottle of beer!!)
    Would recommend Clohessy's on the Dock Road, Had a few good nights there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I was at one in the function room at Patrick Punchs which was very nice. It's a new room downstairs with its own bar.

-Off topic for a min-
    Berty wrote: »

I taught Tony Enright owned Scotts and Raphael Mullally owned Rusells.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think he is thinking of Sinnotts out in Castletroy.

OP you need to really give us an idea of the number of people going, pointless recommending a big place if there is only 10 people going and vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

h3000 wrote: »
    I
    I taught Tony Enright owned Scotts and Raphael Mullally owned Rusells.

Raphael Mullally is an extremely dodgy character and I would be very reluctant to go to a bar owned by a man convicted of kidnapping and assaulting somebody.

I've been to Scotts a couple of times for parties and thought it was OK but I would never go to Rusells.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

h3000 wrote: »
    I was at one in the function room at Patrick Punchs which was very nice. It's a new room downstairs with its own bar.

The function room at Punch's is fantastic, but the bar is bottles only, so anybody who enjoys pints would be trecking up and down the stairs to use the main bar.

• Advertisement

The function room at Punch's is fantastic, but the bar is bottles only, so anybody who enjoys pints would be trecking up and down the stairs to use the main bar.

Forgot that actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

bazz26 wrote: »
    I think he is thinking of Sinnotts out in Castletroy.

OP you need to really give us an idea of the number of people going, pointless recommending a big place if there is only 10 people going and vice versa.

A freind of mine was in Synnotts over the Christmas break and he said the Guinness was terrible.

I was there recently, finger food was good but the barman didn't know what a rock shandy was :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Hi guys / gals, many thanks for good advice, have approx 100 guests and think will go with the chemist room in Clohesseys.... Is a surprise for a family member who said they didn't want party, but as all good families do we've chosen to ignore this and have a surprise party for them!! Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i had mine at scotts. Great function room downstairs and they put on good food and enough bar staff that there was no big queue all the time at the bar

Upstairs in Dolans might be another option to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Limerick91

One down side to the Chemist Bar in Clohessey's is that they open the room to everybody at about 11.

Advertisement