Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Flowers

Options
  • 02-01-2010 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Any one any advice on where to shop for flowers for a wedding in March . On a budget so most reasonable if possible . Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 missmoneypenny!

Bloomfield flowers in Frankfield are excellent. My florist used them and I used them for flowers for the house for my wedding in July. They are flower wholesalers and I found them very helpful.

Ring them and speak to them I think the best days to call up or Wednesday and Thursday as they have all the deliveries in for the weekend. They supply alot of florists and businesses in Cork and their prices were very good.

There is also Cork floral supplies but they took and order from us and confirmed everything would be in in time. We gave them a few weeks notice and the week of the wedding they did not have the items in or have the curtesy to ring us. We only found out when we called up to collect the items. So I could not recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

Fox Flowers on model farm road, superb florist in there, think her name is Sharon, Many weddings i've been at have had their flowers done by them and were delighted with both quality and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

have to agree.. fox flowers, sharon fox. so talented and wonderful to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Would recommend Unforgettable Flowers myself. Based out on the Old Mallow Rd. Cousin used them her small winter wedding and was very pleased with the price and the people. They made up table arrangements as a gift to the bride and they were gorgeous. I guess it would be hard to get out there tho' if you didn't drive. Fox Flowers are so nice too, really helpful if you don't know what you want and the number 5 bus goes right past them if you don't drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

My mum is a florist and uses Bloomfield aswell, loverly chaps working up there too...Is by any chance you are looking for a very resonable priced florist she is great..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

aislingflowers.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Piccola

Thanks everyone thats a great help . Hoping my mum might be able to make the arrangements if can source the materials . Thanks again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

My wedding was 18 months ago and we used the Altar society of the church in question, on the advice of the priest. A lot of churches have altar societys that take care of the altar for flowers decoration etc... The group of ladies that handled the flowers for my weddign were outstanding and I saved hundreds of euro's. Its worth asking the PP to see if your church has an Altar society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Piccola

Thats a fantastic idea - Its the Honan Chapel so I don't know but it certainly worth asking :) My mum is no longer doing the flowers as i think it would be too much additional stress so I'm going to check out a florist on old mallow rd., on Tues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GCAT

How did your visit go?

• Advertisement
Advertisement