Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham -v- Arsenal FA Cup, Sun 16.15

• 03-01-2010 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭

West-Ham-United.png-v-Arsenal.jpg

Tough 3rd. Round tie for both teams here, have to say when I heard it was West Ham I was fairly unimpressed, much easier ties out there.

The Arsenal lineup at a guess:

Fabianski

Sagna
    Senderos
    Vermaelen
    Traore

Ramsey
    Denilson
    Diaby

Walcott
    Eduardo
    Rosicky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

2-1 West Ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

That lineup looks a bit too strong, and Senderos will definitely not play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That lineup looks a bit too strong, and Senderos will definitely not play.

I thought his fitness test wasn't until tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Whatever about Senderos (I think he'll play if fit with Gallas and Vermaelen hopefully rested), I don't see why Song wouldn't be in there. He's available for the match so may as well play him before he heads off. With him in there, we can also rest more players around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

This one's on ITV1 btw lads

Would be thinking towards a scoreline of 1-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Senderos has been ignored for months. Why would he play now that's he able to be sold?

Senderos has been ignored for months. Why would he play now that's he able to be sold?

Because Wenger said the other day if he's fit he's starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Song is going to start. He's off to ANC after. Why would he not start????

Song is going to start. He's off to ANC after. Why would he not start????

All I know is he's leaving on the fourth.

No idea when on the fourth so I erred on the side of caution when making a team prediction.

Frisbee wrote: »
    All I know is he's leaving on the fourth.

No idea when on the fourth so I erred on the side of caution when making a team prediction.

He's gonna play. Wenger will get another game from him. I think Silvestre will start too, along with Senderos. Thought Walcott was injured?

• Advertisement

He might start Wilshere too. Would be great experience for him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Well might as well throw a West Ham point of view in here:

Kurucz

Faubert
    Tomkins
    Da Costa
    Daprela

Jiminez
    Kovac
    Collison
    Stanislas

Diamanti/Sears
    Nouble

Personally I will be astonished if even force a replay in this one.
    I'm hoping the game isn't a humiliation and that it doesn't require a replay.

tbf you gave us a good game earlier in the season, that's why I can't see Wenger making too many big changes and playing a severely weakened team.

It'll be very interesting to see West Ham's team. Zola may field a weakened side and keep his best players fresh for the Premier League....

tbf you gave us a good game earlier in the season, that's why I can't see Wenger making too many big changes and playing a severely weakened team.
    True but we had (more or less) a full team in that one. At the moment we are without our main scoring threat (Cole) and the backbone of our team (Parker). We're also without Franco, Hines, Noble and I think Collison (so he can be replaced by Behrami in my team above).
    And also, I'd prefer to focus solely on remaining in the Premiership this year rather than have the distraction of the FA Cup.

And also, I'd prefer to focus solely on remaining in the Premiership this year rather than have the distraction of the FA Cup.

Absolutely. West Ham's number one priority is to stay in the premiership. FA Cup is secondary this season. But they won't go down.

Absolutely. West Ham's number one priority is to stay in the premiership. FA Cup is secondary this season. But they won't go down.
    If you say we're too good to go down I'll slap you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Well might as well throw a West Ham point of view in here:

Kurucz

Faubert
    Tomkins
    Da Costa
    Daprela

Jiminez
    Kovac
    Collison
    Stanislas

Diamanti/Sears
    Nouble

Doubt Zola will start with Nouble, or Daprela. Id say Sears and Spector will get the nod. Im only interested in seeing Upson, Behrami and Green start. Parker and Cole wont be cup tied, and as such can still be lost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Het-Field wrote: »
    Im only interested in seeing Upson, Behrami and Green start. Parker and Cole wont be cup tied, and as such can still be lost
    I might be reading this wrongly but are you saying you think Parker and Cole are less important to West Ham's survival than Upson, Behrami and Green? Cole and Parker are key to their chances of avoiding relegation if you ask me.

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    I might be reading this wrongly but are you saying you think Parker and Cole are less important to West Ham's survival than Upson, Behrami and Green? Cole and Parker are key to their chances of avoiding relegation if you ask me.

Cole is injured and Parker is, iirc Suspended?

So he's saying the rest better start as unfortunately Parker and Cole won't be cup tied.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Is this on the box??

Of course they are. But they're both injured at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

UTV & Setanta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Any team news yet?

West Ham Team:
    Green, Faubert, Tomkins, Upson, Daprela, Kovac, Behrami, Stanislas, Diamanti, Jimenez, Nouble
    Subs: Stech, N'Gala, Da Costa, Payne, Lee, Edgar, Sears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Arsenal team in full: Fabianski, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Silvestre, Merida, Ramsey, Song, Wilshere, Vela, Eduardo
    Substitutes: Mannone, Diaby, Nasri, Traore, Eastmond, Emmanuel-Thomas, Gilbert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Arsenal team in full: Fabianski, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Silvestre, Merida, Ramsey, Song, Wilshere, Vela, Eduardo

Nice to see Wilshere get a run. Should be an interesting game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

stream anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

If I had my way, I would have Parker and Cole on the bench, and if we are out of it, id make a double sub with a minuite to go and cup-tie both of them

• Advertisement

De-lighted

I wonder will Merida or Wilshere play in the middle with Ramsey.
    I'm gonna guess Merida

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Wilshere behind the top two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Come on Arsenal!

I'm happy to see the younger lads get a run out, but I'm also kind of worried about it at the same time.

I really hope Wenger takes the FA Cup seriously this year, I can see this being a close game and wouldn't be suprised if WHU get a win.

Well we're underway. Hard to read anything into the lineup at the moment, it still has to settle.

Well we're underway. Hard to read anything into the lineup at the moment, it still has to settle.

It looks like:

Fabianski

Sagna
    Gallas
    Vermaelen
    Silvestre

Ramsey----Song----Merida

Wilshere
    Vela
    Eduardo

although as you say, hard to be sure yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Sagna not showing much strength there he got bullied there trying to shepard the ball out of play

Sagna not showing much strength there he got bullied there trying to shepard the ball out of play

In all fairness your man Nouble is built like a brick sh*thouse

Nouble looking decent so far.
    COME ON YOU IRONS!!

Arsenal slowly getting into it more and more. Merida in particular looks well up for it.

Christ! Eduardo should have done better from there imo, seemed to be caught flat footed.

Song was lucky to only get yellow there.

He nearly knocked Kovac into next week

• Advertisement

Song was lucky to only get yellow there.

He nearly knocked Kovac into next week
    Sure no worry for him if he gets sent off and Arsenal still win because he'd be gone for the suspension West Ham getting stuck in now

Behrami is class today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Behrami is playing insanely well.

Scott Parker would be making mince meat of arsenals midfield a real shame he's injured so often

Lovely finish

What a goal out of nothing mind thought for a second it wasn't going to go in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

What a goal out of nothing mind thought for a second it wasn't going to go in

I was the same, thought the fingertips were going to keep it out

Atta Boy Diamanti :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ye same here thought keeper got to it,thought it was a fairly poor finish to be honest for a one on one.went in though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement