Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Note Question

Options
  • 03-01-2010 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Was watching Death Note last night, Episode 11 or 12, when Rem and Amane Misa come to light (first appearance, not the character lol)...
    Anyway, my girlfriend posed this question:

"How does Misa know that Light doesn't have the Shinigami eyes?"

I drew a complete blank and still haven't been able to answer :o
    Is it just power of deduction?
    Did Rem tell her?
    Is it answered in the Manga series because I have them there but haven't read them yet?

Anyone any input on this and shame me for not knowing my anime :(

Thanks guys:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

If he did, he'd have seen Rem. She was able to see Ryuk.... Or was it Rem saw Ryuk, and Misa knew from the reaction...

Haven't seen it in quite a while, tbh. Good call on watching it. It gets even better as you get further.

I need to watch it again. Will have to get on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Robabob

I've watched it before but still wasn't sure...it was before Light or Misa even met up. It came about when "Kira" sent messages to Sakura TV and one of the messages said "I know you don't have the eyes...blah blah blah...show each other our shinigami...blah blah"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Ah, yes, I remember that happening now. I'd really have to start watching it again to have any degree of certainty in a response to tell the truth. Been many a month since I watched it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Robabob

Knowing my luck I'll watch the next episode and it'll all become clear when Light and Misa (or Kira and Kira) meet lol :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DarkSeraphim

hmmm.. could it be a hole in the plot or are we meant to take it that Rem told Misa but it just wasn't shown to us... I need answers lol

BTW i am the girlfriend as mentioned above :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

It's probably explained in the Manga. The anime cuts out massive amounts of exposition text and thought bubbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Just re-read that part of the manga again.

Since Misa was able to spot Light/Kira because he had a name but no lifespan she could then assume that when Light asked how did she know it was him, it would be obvious then he didn't have the same ability or else he wouldn't need to ask in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DarkSeraphim

No, we are talking about before they even met or knew what each other looked like. It was where Kira (misa) sent television broadcasts to get Lights attention.

Then L sent one back using Light to write it pretending to be the "real" Kira.. Misa responsed back again using television broadcast saying i know you don't have the Shimgami eyes etc... but this was before she ever saw him or knew who he was to even have his name.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Haven't watched in a while but maybe she assumed he wouldn't go that far, after knowing the deal herself and what Light was most likely like, not somebody to give up half his own life.

although i don't know why she would say yet...maybe believing he would think it necessary at some point. bleh dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

No, we are talking about before they even met or knew what each other looked like. It was where Kira (misa) sent television broadcasts to get Lights attention.

Then L sent one back using Light to write it pretending to be the "real" Kira.. Misa responsed back again using television broadcast saying i know you don't have the Shimgami eyes etc... but this was before she ever saw him or knew who he was to even have his name.

Well the anime must differ to the manga then. Because in the manga Misa only realises that Light doesn't have the Shinigami eyes is when they meet in person in Lights room.

• Advertisement
Advertisement