Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help: Windowx XP USB Driver problem (i think lol)

• 03-01-2010 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭

Looking for help from you kind people in solving a terribly annoying issue im having on my laptop running XP Service pack 3.

Whenever i boot up my laptop i get a found new hardware message which then turns to an error installing hardware message.

Recently ive been trying to run software to transfer files from a digital camera and mobile phone using the suplied software. The laptop recognises the phone / digital camera but then i get a find driver message, when i look for driver it finds nothing and the device does not show up on the my computer menu when browsing for files.

Any solutions to this folks?

PS: I also have had this problem with some USB pendisks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

check for the latest drivers on the manufacturers site

generally speaking if you ignore the supplied software you can use the camera/phone as a memory stick and just drag and drop

sony's had one player that had a 230MB download that was inferior to a a 1MB freebie when it came to uploading and managing songs

might help to name the brands / models involved , little clues like that can help people to help you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

ok have all latest drivers already installed.

In regards to ignoring the device software, this does not work as the device itself does not show up on in my computer as a seperate drive (like it should with a usb device or memory card). I alluded to this in my OP.

I did not name what device brand and model number as the problem is not isolated to just this device which i again alluded to in my OP. But for the record its a samsung digital camera WB500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

no advice then guys?

Advertisement