Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download 2010

Options
  • 03-01-2010 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

AC/DC and Soundgarden first 2 headliners, Third looks like Metallica

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

scudzilla wrote: »
    AC/DC and Soundgarden first 2 headliners, Third looks like Metallica

How ya know?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Beekay wrote: »
    How ya know?:confused:

Unfortunately no solid link as yet but i have a good friend who's very well connected in UK

• Registered Users Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only problem is it'd be towards end of Soundgarden tour cos Matt has PJ soon after. Unless Soundgarden start doing same dates as PJ, then a bit unlikely IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

:)
    If Metallica or Megadeth, or both :eek:, are in it then hopefully will definitly be going!!
    Would be brilliant to see that, and if 5fdp, evanescence,lacuna coil, slipknot or slayer are there that would be even more savage!! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I can't see Soundgarden being popular enough to headline unless they're on the 2nd stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I think Soundgarden have a very good following and would be able to headline the thing!!I like the sound of this lineup,AC/DC,Soundgarden and Metallica!None of this scene crap to headline..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

jenizzle wrote: »
    I can't see Soundgarden being popular enough to headline unless they're on the 2nd stage.
    ditto

Id prefer the much mooted Big 4 "tour", of sorts, to include co-headlining download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Max Power1 wrote: »
    ditto

Id prefer the much mooted Big 4 "tour", of sorts, to include co-headlining download.

I wouldnt be suprised if one of Megadeth/Slayer/Anthrax or two of them appeared at Download. With a headline like that, I shall be there with bells on !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I thought Metallica switched from Download to Sonisphere? That's the new cool metal festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Ya its highly unlikely to be Metallica, given Sonisphere.

AC/DC all but confirmed when they posted the date on their tour section website
    Soundgarden is a good bet, but I imagine the third headliner will be KISS

Metallica just wont shake things up like the organisers promised, so it will need to be someone who is not playing other UK festivals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I don't think Metallica will be doing Download this year either, but you never know.....Soundgarden I'd be very surprised if they weren't playing a UK festival this year.......but they can slot into any big festival really, they have a diverse audience.......should be interesting..

as for the big 4 thing, certainly not happening at Download, as Sonisphere have the only UK festival performances for Anthrax and Slayer......

Kiss headlined two years ago?Would they really headline again?Download usually get a metal band,an old rock band and a band that would appeal to a younger audience..I can actually see Greenday doing it to be honest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Metallica arent doing Sonisphere UK.

Download is very possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Metallica havent announced all their sonisphere shows yet. If theyve signed up to do sonisphere, surely they wouldnt miss the main gig in Knebworth?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Heard that full line up was to be announced on January 30th. AC/DC are also to make a big announcement that day.

Got the early bird tickets and getting impatient now

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Metallica havent announced all their sonisphere shows yet. If theyve signed up to do sonisphere, surely they wouldnt miss the main gig in Knebworth?
    The headliners of Soni uk have already been announced, Maiden and Rammstein
    Heard that full line up was to be announced on January 30th. AC/DC are also to make a big announcement that day.

Got the early bird tickets and getting impatient now

Same here mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Shando316 wrote: »
    The headliners of Soni uk have already been announced, Maiden and Rammstein

Same here mate!

Ye i know, sure download must be one of the latest people to announce their line-up. Still doesnt mean metallica def wont play there. Anthrax and slayer are already on the bill. Even without them though downloads line-up could not be better than sonispheres me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Ye i know, sure download must be one of the latest people to announce their line-up. Still doesnt mean metallica def wont play there. Anthrax and slayer are already on the bill. Even without them though downloads line-up could not be better than sonispheres me thinks.
    Rumour has it the announcement's being made on the 30th, so we shall soon see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Why is it called download ? I wouldn't have thought metallica would be involved anyway 'wah wah they're downloading our music'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

MooseJam wrote: »
    Why is it called download ? I wouldn't have thought metallica would be involved anyway 'wah wah they're downloading our music'

Download is a buzzword and it's the promoters way of showing they are hip, and down with the kids...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

fluke wrote: »
    Download is a buzzword and it's the promoters way of showing they are hip, and down with the kids...

Yeah,it's the bomb!:pac::pac::pac:

And that's all it seems to be for...kids
    (no offence to anyone going!I maybe going myself)
    Still in two minds about this festival...it's not going to be a great lineup,even if AC/DC did play that's only ONE good headliner and as much as a Metallica fan I am I have seen them five times in fairness.Plus a whole group of us going who really don't get on with each other..by the end of it all last year we were nearly fit to tear each other apart!
    Two of my best friends are going but they be part of this group but sure eh..can always get a seperate tent from:p...I'll wait til the announcements are made but I think Hellfest or Graspop are well on the cards!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just like me, I'm hip to the groove

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Denny M wrote: »
    Just like me, I'm hip to the groove

:pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Any thoughts on the line-up just announced?

Them Crooked Vultures - I really wanna see them! And Ac/Dc of course!

Would love to see a grunge day happen seeing as Stone Temple Pilots have being announced!!One can dream though..one can dream:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 syrupy

In case you didn't see the full announced line up...

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Very indifferent to most of them so far.

Advertisement