Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance

Options
  • 03-01-2010 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Can anyone recommend an online travel insurance company that covers travel from Australia/NZ?

Are Westpac or ANZs travel insurance any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Woodsy-eile

cant really help ya out cause im in the same boat myself, lookin for a decent (yet cheap enough) travel insurer for myself and my girlfriend.

Found these guys - cheapest so far but there's loads of others

https://www.travelcoverquote.com

not sure if they are a quinn direct branch off but the logo's are very similarly styled...........hmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Is travel ins really necessary, given what you would pay and what you would get. Irish people are entitled to standard medical care in Aus/NZ, something pretty similar to the care you would get here, from what I know. Are you booking in case of flight cancellations, etc???

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Woodsy-eile

yea i know about the medicare card and that, would just like to have a bit of cover for our own gear, travel etc, and sure if we dont get it it isnt the end of the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Is travel ins really necessary, given what you would pay and what you would get. Irish people are entitled to standard medical care in Aus/NZ, something pretty similar to the care you would get here, from what I know. Are you booking in case of flight cancellations, etc???

Travelling without insurance is crazy, and whatever about E111 cover, you also get some cover with travel bookings made with credit card. That said TI is not that expensive especially if you opt for annual cover, ie frequent traveller.

There's a huge choice and AIB is good. BE wary of ultra low cost low frill vendors!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anyone manage to find a good price for this?

Was hoping for less than €200, but lots of quotes are saying €400+ ! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Dave! wrote: »
    Anyone manage to find a good price for this?

Was hoping for less than €200, but lots of quotes are saying €400+ ! :eek:

VHI charges €820! I'm going to have to stage a robbery to break even :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

www.blueinsurance.ie

1 yr backpacker cover for as little as 132 euro if you remove the cancellation cover and baggage cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sarahb82

Has anyone actually purchased that VHI option? I am currently in the same boat trying to work out what the best Insurance option is for me. I am currently a vhi member so automatically asked them first. Had a look at the offers from trailfinders and abbey travel which are a huge amount cheaper but dont seem to cover you for as much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

www.blueinsurance.ie

1 yr backpacker cover for as little as 132 euro if you remove the cancellation cover and baggage cover.

Sure the baggage cover would be my main concern !

FYI, found this site a while ago. They're quoting me €140 for a year in Oz, and it says they cover baggage loss, cancellations, etc.

www.backpackertravelinsurance.ie

Anyone familiar with these?

Advertisement