Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets in Nutgrove closed

Options
  • 03-01-2010 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

I was passing through Nutgrove Shopping Centre today, and noticed a sign on the door of Eddie Rockets saying that due to circumstances beyond its control, it's ceasing operations. Does anyone know what happened? It all seemed to happen so suddenly: the Christmas decorations are still up, and the ketchup bottles are still on the tables.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

All was grand last wednesday, and then on thursday (Christmas Eve) that sign went up and the place was locked up. I was working in the centre over Christmas and the place I was in didn't even hear why it had been closed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

My friend used to work there and he said he heard that high rent was the reason for closing, which I found surprising. They closed on Christmas Eve. I know a few of the guys that worked there and they're without work now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was over yesterday and saw it had shut alright. Sad the those guys lost their jobs over the xmas.

On the plus side I was pleasantly surprised to see a new fruit and veg shop had opened there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

That's a pity. :(
    Nutgrove has a few empty units now, hasn't it? :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Yeah a few empty ones alright in there now, bit of a waste really, the busier the centre the better for business one would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

The-Game wrote: »
    the busier the centre the better for business one would imagine.

Would you think so? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

calex71 wrote: »

On the plus side I was pleasantly surprised to see a new fruit and veg shop had opened there.

Oh great! I'll go to Nutgrove 'cos there's a fruit 'n veg shop! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Oh great! I'll go to Nutgrove 'cos there's a fruit 'n veg shop! :([/quote

sarcy clam

Advertisement