Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel to issue gas masks to population

• 03-01-2010 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

Israel will begin distributing its entire population with gas masks in two months, though no reason has officially been given by the Israeli government.
    Is this the first time in history this has been done?
    Could this mean they will attack Iran in the summer?
    Any thoughts guys?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"Everyone" in Israel already has a gas mask and most have immediate access to a bomb shelter. There is a suggestion that Jewish settlements generally have better provision than Arab ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

Israel gave it's citizens gas masks in 1991, now they are giving their entire population new one's, Children up until the age of 8 years old will be receiving a new gas mask, dubbed the Mamtek (Hebrew for “Candy”), how sweet:rolleyes:.
    IF Israel were to attack Iran's nuclear facilities with nukes, mini nuke's they may well expect an unconventional response, now talk about "Human(Palestinian) Sheilds".

Israel Prepares National Gas Mask Distribution

Iran Prepares Large Scale War Games to Simulate Foreign Attack

State won't distribute anti-nerve gas drug with gas mask kits 0.gifBy Yuval Azoulay, Haaretz Correspondent

Palestinian gas mask appeal dismissed

http://www.yalibnan.com/2009/12/28/israel-to-distribute-gas-masks-to-population/
    According to Bio Prep Watch (BPW) a newswire dedicated to coverage of biological terror threats , “Israel will begin distributing to its entire population gas masks in two months, though no reason has officially been given by the Israeli government.”
    BPW added :”No indication or threat has been made against Israel from any country that an attack is planned. No country in the Middle East is believed to be likely to engage in chemical or biological warfare with Israel, either.”
    BPW added “The gas mask distribution has, however, raised questions as to Israel’s potential plans to launch an attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities. Such an attack could cause an unconventional response from Iran. Iran’s chemical and biological weapons capabilities are currently not known.”
    BPW says that there are rumors that Israel is preparing for a war to rein in Hezbollah in Lebanon.
    According to BPW only Israel has chemical weapons in the entire Middle East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

This is more propaganda.

I wrote a long reason as to why, (rothschilds must of deleted it or knew what I was typing since they have nothing better to do than watch what we are typing)

But this is just pathetic propaganda to try gear this war up. It's getting really embarrassing at this rate. Lame even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I would imagine gas masks would also have a shelf life as the materials used in them would perish also there may be new chemicals that the older ones may not resist.

Anything that was issued over 20 years ago may now be deemed unsuitable. Yes, the timing may not be appropriate and may give the impression as if something nasty could be on the horizion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

the chemicals used in older masks are sometimes quite dangerous, as in the older m40 canisters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Don't see the CT here, really.

Israeli citizens are at a risk of attack, more so than most people living in other first world countries. Just good sense to make sure they have adequate protection.

Undergod wrote: »
    Don't see the CT here, really.

Israeli citizens are at a risk of attack, more so than most people living in other first world countries. Just good sense to make sure they have adequate protection.

From whom? What? Elves? bad guy. Sounds like your opinion has been helped by mass media.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

mysterious wrote: »
    From whom? What? Elves? bad guy. Sounds like your opinion has been helped by mass media.

How about continuous rocket attacks?

Why would elves use poison gas? They have -2 to Con, so they'd be putting themselves at terrible risk.

Do you really have to ask that question? Israeli citizens are at the threat of attack from Palestinian militant groups, and to a (far) lesser extent, some of their neighbours. This threat may include chemical or biological weapons. So it makes sense to provide your people with gas masks.

I'm not pro-Israel, I'm just explaining what I think their reasoning is.

And there is nothing wrong with getting information from mass media. I take a lot of what I hear with a healthy dose of skepticism, and I bear in mind that it may be influenced by vested interests, or may not be fully neutral, but if you are aware of this you can still gain a lot from mainstream news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I wrote a long reason as to why, .

Where and when did you write this ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

Eh?
    What planet have you been on for the last 15 years.

My neighbour used to live in Israel. Her house was hit by Hezbollah in 2006.

glaston wrote: »
    Eh?
    What planet have you been on for the last 15 years.

My neighbour used to live in Israel. Her house was hit by Hezbollah in 2006.

Find out who funds Hezbollah....

Find out Just what kind of interference the west has done to create terrorism in third world countries. Try look at the root and bigger picture and not just "Oh that bad terrorist over there"

It's absurd.

Find out Just what kind of interference the west has done to create terrorism in third world countries. Try look at the root and bigger picture and not just "Oh that bad terrorist over there"

It's absurd.

Well you seem to know, so why don't you tell us and show us a shred of evidence to back it up.

yekahs wrote: »
    Well you seem to know, so why don't you tell us and show us a shred of evidence to back it up.

We are not here to inform you, But you can read many sources and do your research. Conspiracy forums are not designed to keep skeptics alerted with whats going on in the real world.

I'm sorry but its not my responsibility to show you what your not bothered to look up yourself. Of course you can however dissagree with my point and take on it no problem there. But like most Conspiracy forums with people posting on them are very familar with whats going on in the world outside the mainstream view of life. If you choose to keep following the mainstream that is fine, but dont be dumbfounded if you hear others seeing things from an outside view of the current situaion.

Iran?

It's absurd.

Yes, yes, we know that the US has funded terrorism. Your condescension is what's absurd.

Fact remains, this is a matter of a government taking reasonable measures to keep its civilians safe. Not a CT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

It's absurd.
    Hezbollah is funded by various anti american governmnets.

Find out Just what kind of hate the is for american in third world countries. Try look at the root and bigger picture and not just "Oh that bad government over there"

It's absurd.

We are not here to inform you, But you can read many sources and do your research. Conspiracy forums are not designed to keep skeptics alerted with whats going on in the real world.

I'm sorry but its not my responsibility to show you what your not bothered to look up yourself. Of course you can however dissagree with my point and take on it no problem there. But like most Conspiracy forums with people posting on them are very familar with whats going on in the world outside the mainstream view of life. If you choose to keep following the mainstream that is fine, but dont be dumbfounded if you hear others seeing things from an outside view of the current situaion.

All I am interested in is findng out the truth. Surely if you believe everything you say is true, then it's a scary thought. Wouldn't you want to let other people know about it, and not just let us continue following the mainstream.

And conspiracy forums are about discussion, its very hard to judge the veracity of claims, when someone just makes a claim, says its a fact, but refuses to back it up, even though you infer that you could if you wanted.

yekahs wrote: »
    All I am interested in is findng out the truth. Surely if you believe everything you say is true, then it's a scary thought. Wouldn't you want to let other people know about it, and not just let us continue following the mainstream.

And conspiracy forums are about discussion, its very hard to judge the veracity of claims, when someone just makes a claim, says its a fact, but refuses to back it up, even though you infer that you could if you wanted.

Well your half way then, Best of luck in your findings. It's great to find out things for yourself. See most Conspiray theoriest do their research, some skeptics seem to have this "notion" of coming on the conspiracy forum to get told what is and whats not. This is not discussion, this is the problem here. One gives facts info, the others asks questions. This is not discussion this is teaching.

Your here to give your points and research in which you dont, yuo sit and asks questions and point and deflect from the actual moving discussion.

King Mob wrote: »
    Hezbollah is funded by various anti american governmnets.

Find out Just what kind of hate the is for american in third world countries. Try look at the root and bigger picture and not just "Oh that bad government over there"

It's absurd.

Thats what the "mainstream media wants us we the people to believe"

Also I need to clarify a really unacceptable ignorant statement about your difusing what hate is directed at. Hate is something you create and project in others. If you hate or be spiteful of someone it will only mirror on yourself. If your an American capitalist who has spent 50 years invading and occupying nations and taking them over. That is reason to hate what America is doing that is not acceptable.

Do you honestly think people hate America for no reason. Hate is reason. Whether you like to think that or not its your own issue. Rome was loathed by the world for the same reason American occupation shouldn't be in there anyway.

It suits the West for Hezobollah (the evil axis of terror cough) to be what they are. The more division the sweeter. More war the more diamonds it is to them. It's certainly fun for Washington to entertain this and make us hop and fight these wars while they are making money off it.. Good for business and the jewish bankers too. Afterall people are just digits and numbers at the end of the day (if you look at the bigger picture)

And yah this great peaceful loving nation "America" is the biggest war mongerer and has created more "terror" than all CIA and Non "CIA"(or connect some way) Terroririst groups together.

The word "terrorists" is really getting old btw.

• Advertisement

Thats what the "mainstream media wants us we the people to believe"

Nope if you if you do research you know this is true.
    All my research shows it's true.

Your claims are just what the conspiracy theorist sites what you to believe.

Nope if you if you do research you know this is true.
    All my research shows it's true.

Your claims are just what the conspiracy theorist sites what you to believe.

Power works from the top down, not the bottom up.

Wars are staged and faked and provoked by the powers of be. It has always been the case, so the pwoers of be can take the power from the people and manipulate others into fighting the evil guy out to get them. Its called fear and divisional complex. Create an obstacle or thread and people will divide. Give people a weapon and they will use it. What is currently going on in Israel and Palistine is exactly that. USA and Britan have always ensured that conflict was created here ever since they created the Jewish state.

Creating wars and getting us to fight isn't that hard to do.

Works everytime. It hasn't changed much today. We in the west and the US government( "number 1 arms maker" )makes the weapons and sells them to "these evil wicked terrorists"

Power works from the top down, not the bottom up.

Wars are staged and faked and provoked by the powers of be. It has always been the case, so the pwoers of be can take the power from the people and manipulate others into fighting the evil guy out to get them. Its called fear and divisional complex. Create an obstacle or thread and people will divide. Give people a weapon and they will use it. What is currently going on in Israel and Palistine is exactly that. USA and Britan have always ensured that conflict was created here ever since they created the Jewish state.

Creating wars and getting us to fight isn't that hard to do.

Works everytime. It hasn't changed much today. We in the west and the US government( "number 1 arms maker" )makes the weapons and sells them to "these evil wicked terrorists"
    Nope, if you actually researched this you'd see it's CT propaganda.

I have researched it and it's easy to see that all that's fake.

It's sad to see someone being brainwashed by CT sites and people like ALex Jones.

Nope, if you actually researched this you'd see it's CT propaganda.

I have researched it and it's easy to see that all that's fake.

It's sad to see someone being brainwashed by CT sites and people like ALex Jones.

Now it seems your creating dis info here on this thread. Your making a personal judgment of me and your also accusing me of following someone like Alex jones.

With all respect due, can we dicuss the topic and not make personnal judgments. I don't watch Alex jones.

Thanks King Mob.

Now your creating dis info here on this thread. Your making a personal judgment of me and your also accusing me of following someone like Alex jones.

With all respect due, can we dicuss the topic and not make personnal judgments. I don't watch Alex jones.

Thanks King Mob.

I figured since you accuse most of us skeptics of a wide range of things I don't see why it would bother you so much.

But the fact remains that everything you've said is exactly the same as the propganda and lies spouted by guys like Alex Jones.

Do any bit of research like I did and this would be plainly visible to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭Black Uhlan

Israel doesn't need gas masks when they have human shields dailymail_humanshield.jpg

And the notion that Palestine are capable of a chemical/biological attack is absurd and laughable, they aren't even getting enough water to drink they've been bombed into the dark ages and the guy with the friend in Israel needs to look a little closer to home for the root cause of his own attack.

MYsterious: I think you may be confusing Hezbolloah with Hamas who are CIA/Mossad founded.

Undergod wrote: »
    Fact remains, this is a matter of a government taking reasonable measures to keep its civilians safe. Not a CT.

Disagree. In my opinion it is a PR stunt to place Israel as the eternal victim whereas recent history (Gaza 07/08 & Lebanon 06) has shown that they are far more willing and able to use chemical weapons against civilians, namely white phosphorous (a war crime - without redress). And that is without mentioning their massive stockpile of nuclear arms. See the Samson Option http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_option

Edit: And also I would imagine it is an attempt to keep the good people of Israel in a heightened sense of fear to make it easier to manipulate them and push forward with their racist, right-wing agenda of aggression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Disagree. In my opinion it is a PR stunt to place Israel as the eternal victim whereas recent history (Gaza 07/08 & Lebanon 06) has shown that they are far more willing and able to use chemical weapons against civilians, namely white phosphorous (a war crime - without redress). And that is without mentioning their massive stockpile of nuclear arms. See the Samson Option http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_option

Edit: And also I would imagine it is an attempt to keep the good people of Israel in a heightened sense of fear to make it easier to manipulate them and push forward with their racist, right-wing agenda of aggression.

Nail. Head.

Kernel wrote: »
    Nail. Head.

Ha! Cheers! Wasn't exactly correct though - Gaza was 2008/9, the new year always messes with my head.

• Advertisement

I'm sure it could have additional motivations and goals to it, but Israel has enemies other than the Palestinians. Syria I think is believed to chemical and biological weapons, and Israel has been at war with Syria and each of its other neighbours. It's perfectly reasonable for Israeli citizens to be issued with gas masks. Irish citizens were given iodine tablets in case Sellafield was targeted by a terrorist attack, that was hardly very likely now was it?

I will point out the use of WP isn't in itself illegal, but its use against civillian targets is. There's been no conclusive report that I'm aware of that they deliberately used it on civillian targets, but a) I may be wrong and b) it'd be pretty hard to prove.

Advertisement