Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metallica + slipknot RDS 2004

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Metallica played no leaf clover....was delighted!!!!!!!!!!!!dont think they played whiskey though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Sirsok wrote: »
    Metallica played no leaf clover....was delighted!!!!!!!!!!!!dont think they played whiskey though :(
    I have pity for metallica with whiskey. From the very start of the concert to then end all you can hear is "whiskey, whiskey, whiskey, whiskey". I mean its great craic when your hammered but it NEVER lets up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Patricide wrote: »
    I have pity for metallica with whiskey. From the very start of the concert to then end all you can hear is "whiskey, whiskey, whiskey, whiskey". I mean its great craic when your hammered but it NEVER lets up!

Even funnier when the lead singer is a recovering alcoholic!!:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Fed up of the chanting that goes with that song...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Definately one of the best gigs ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

They didn't play it in 2003 but announced that they would play it next year. So they did in 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

allen175 wrote: »

I had heard a few slipknot songs and thought that they weren't really my cup of tea but i really liked them when they played! me and my mate got the crap scared out of us when the lead singer told everyone to get down! we didn't have a clue what was going on, we looked at the security and they just told us to get down for our safety :( but it was really fun!

Why did he tell everyone to get down? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Why did he tell everyone to get down? :confused:

Go to 5.00 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

That was some concert! Seen them every year since but that one was probably the best gig. They didnt even play much off the St. Anger album and it was the St. Anger tour. To get stuff like king nothing and no leaf clover was just mental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wjam8

slip knot ****in played anexplosive gig that time.and metallica was awesome but i think they have mellowed down a bit compared to when i saw them play in manila.the line up then was kirk hammett,lars ulrich,james hetfield and jason newsted was still the bassist then.the whole crowd was mental because metallica was still probably boozed and high back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Ah, now that's bringing back memorys for me! :D They where awesome, that moment was awesome! :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

that was a great gig without a doubt.lost prophets sucked balls but i am ashamed to say that i did enjoy that shinobi track they finished the set with.slipknot rocked as did the mighty metallica.the following year when they played the whole of master of puppets just wasn't as fun

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

They didn't play whiskey that time. The following year they came back and in the middle of their set james said "we forgot to play this one last year.....you know what it is! Whiskey!!!" and the crowd went fückeeeen ballistic!

That was my first 'tallica gig and I've gone to see them every time they came back since that.

OP, if you go to 'tallica's site, you can download an excellent quality officially recorded file of that gig! Only Metallica's set of course but it's better than nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I remember an article in Metal Hammer shortly after this where The Lost Prophets commented on the amount of abuse they received in Dublin from people throwing coins during their set. Apparently they got a stage hand to sweep the entire stage following their set and they made the better part of £60!

Slipknot were great, but far too short, and because of the lack of pyro's and general space (being the support act) it was such a shame that so many people turned up for their first ever Irish gig (having that ban revoked) and were greeted with such a poor show - not that it was the bands fault. When they came back with Shadow's Fall in the RDS Indoor arena the sound was also appalling and they suffered with this again. They've just not had much luck. I caught them in Wales later that year on the Unholy Alliance and they headlined above Slayer and even with only 8 of the 9 they still rocked solidly and put on a fantastic headline show in that arena.

Of all the times I've seen Metallica it's 2004 that is the greatest blur, mainly because it didn't stand out for me...and all the other's did. I think that having seen them on other occasions with better stage presence and just generally rocking it was, for me anyway, not worth the money to have seen Metallica twice in 12 months. Having said that, when they returned in 2006, they were on fire.

I do remember my mother killing me that year though for letting my younger brother wander away with his friends after promising her I'd look after him, his first gig as far as I remember. But he was 14 and wanted to do it his own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i enjoyed the metallica gig at the rds a year earlier where they were supported by darkness and linkin park more. they promised that night to come and do whiskey and kept that promise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i enjoyed the metallica gig at the rds a year earlier where they were supported by darkness and linkin park more. they promised that night to come and do whiskey and kept that promise :D

I always felt that it should have been Metallica, Slipknot and then The Darkness

In 2002 the Darkness were fresh off the dole, supporting Def Leppard, then suddenly they were everywhere and now they disappeared just as fast. I did enjoy their set though and I met Justin Hawkins a few times, a lovely bloke, really nice guy and not at all as arrogant as people would lead you to believe

Advertisement