Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UGG

Options
  • 01-09-2007 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi i want to buy a pai of real uggs and was going just to buy them in dub but then I found a website www.hartings.com.nz that sell them for 80 cheaper than office and that... Just wondering if anyone has bought from this website, if so would you recommend me to buy from them? :o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you'll get caught for taxes and custom charges.

in my experiences to have a guessimate of what they will cost add 25% on to the price of the item and shipping price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Cremo wrote:
    you'll get caught for taxes and custom charges.

in my experiences to have a guessimate of what they will cost add 25% on to the price of the item and shipping price.

nope! i ordered from www.uggstop.com.au and they marked them as a gift, so no taxes or customs!

op, go for that site- really great service, got them in under 2 weeks for about 112 euro incl shipping

nope! i ordered from www.uggstop.com.au and they marked them as a gift, so no taxes or customs!

op, go for that site- really great service, got them in under 2 weeks for about 112 euro incl shipping
    gifts can still get stung for tax and custom charges. it's unlikely but just dont think that you will not get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

lilly07 wrote:
    Hi i want to buy a pai of real uggs and was going just to buy them in dub but then I found a website www.hartings.com.nz that sell them for 80 cheaper than office and that... Just wondering if anyone has bought from this website, if so would you recommend me to buy from them? :o

Just bought my uggs from them about three weeks ago. Didn't have to pay anything extra. It was exactly the price that was advertised. Nice prompt service.

You may notice that your size/style/colour may not be available but if you email them, they can let you know when they will be.

The Uggs are money well spent, mine have hardly left my feet since I bought them.

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

thanks for that - the only thing I am worried about is getting the wrong size, I have read that you should get a size smaller but I think I will stick to my proper size

• Advertisement

would you not go to a place in ireland that sells them and try on the pair you're going to buy and see if they fit?

Yea thats what I want to do but have to drive bout an hour to get some where that actually sells them...

dundrum from wicklow (assuming wicklow town) is 40 minutes from wicklow.

im 20 mins from wicklow town... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nimi85

was just on the uggstop site there... they're not real uggs tho are they?? x

• Advertisement

no and the colours a weird looking, they are cheaper but i dont think i would not trust them

i agree. why send all the way to new zealand or qustralia for a fake pair when u could get a pair in penneys or dunnes for 20 quid? the real ones are the only way to go if ur buying online, unless there REALLY cheap!

yea with ug stop you are still paying over 100.00euro and your not getting the real thing... I wear the fake ones but I am going to iceland so i need the real ones to keep me warm and they look so much better when the done flop to the side... :o

i have worn both and I honestly have to say the real ones are SO worth the extra cash. They last ages even if ya LIVE in them! Whatever about how they look, your paying for a high quality product.

this might sound stupid but is there much diff in the warmth...? I cant wait to get them now... just not sure what colour to buynow, sand or chestnut... ??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 buzzbuzzbuzz

i got a pair from the hartings website and didnt get charged customs. :)

oh great, and would you recommend getting them from the website? also how long did they take to deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

With regard to uggstop, there was another thread about uggs either here or on weddingsonline and one of the posters had a pair that had gone to shreds after a few months. If you're paying €100 for them, I'd pay the extra €65 and get the decker uggs.

With regard to colour, I got the chestnut colour and it is just gorgeous. While chestnutty, it's a pale golden chestnut if you know what i mean so you can get a hint of the "sand" colour! I'd definitely go for chestnut. If I could afford it, I'd get a pair in chocolate as well. Yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

im going to new york next month so i'll be getting them over their. 130 dollars for the pair that are 195 euro over here. madness!

There is a HUGE difference in warmt. I dont think my feet have EVER felt cold in my uggs, and Im talkin bout walkin around town in the depts of winter! I took them to Italy with me sking and they were perfect.

I got a pair when i was in New York for SO cheap. Think i paid 100 dollars for the tall chestnut ones! (they were on sale) Now i want a black pair and its SICKENING forking out the full price :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 buzzbuzzbuzz

Definately get them off the hartings site... i paid about 160 for tall chestnut ones and they arrive in about a week and half and i love them....so comfy and warm. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CliodhnaB

Im after buying some off bestuggseller.com im a bit wary ordered them a week ago. cost 61.80 in total and payment was to agricultural back of china. Few dodgy things about the site but just hope they come soon enough. Anybody heard of them or bought anything off them??:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

CliodhnaB wrote: »
    Im after buying some off bestuggseller.com im a bit wary ordered them a week ago. cost 61.80 in total and payment was to agricultural back of china. Few dodgy things about the site but just hope they come soon enough. Anybody heard of them or bought anything off them??:o

Hope you like fake Ugg boots!

are they fake??? i made sure to look at the tag.. and all seemed fine. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yes they are, if the site looks dodgy and it's not a reputable retailer then they are fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I bought mine in Belfast last weekend and saved about €50. You would definately notice the difference between the real ones and the fakes. They are incredibly comfortable and have good support too. Still ugly as sin though!

CliodhnaB wrote: »
    are they fake??? i made sure to look at the tag.. and all seemed fine. :(

They often use pictures of real ones. Basically you won't get Uggs for less than e100. If you look at the site, you'll see all the security stickers are just pictures and aren't linked to be able to verify. Note on the top that 'My Account' is actually spelt 'My Accout'. I also went through the payment details and it links to http://pay.ips.com.cn/ipayment.aspx where you enter your credit card details. This isn't a secure site so I hope you paid by Paypal instead.

sh*t best cancel the credit card. i just noticed all those things. :mad: damit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

How do I order them from Hartings? It says they can only ship to New Zealand addresses?:confused:

• Advertisement

nicola09 wrote: »
    How do I order them from Hartings? It says they can only ship to New Zealand addresses?:confused:

Hartings don't ship here anymore. You'll see the top of this thread is actually from 2007! :)

Advertisement