Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UGG

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

viv2 wrote: »
    Ugg Australia are the only authorised retailers of Uggs that use Ugg in their domain name.Please be careful and check on the official website that the site you are buying from is legit.
    http://www.uggaustralia.com/retailstores/onlinestores.aspx

taken from the ugg site...Be wary of websites that contain UGG® anywhere in the domain name. If you are viewing UGG® Australia products online anywhere other than uggaustralia.com and the domain name includes "UGG." or any variation of this word, or includes one of our style names in the domain address, e.g. "Cardy," this product is most certainly counterfeit.

If the ones we bought are fake then they are perfect fakes, have a pair from uggaustralia.com and they are the exact same stitch for stitch and the certificate is the same too as the ones from uggshelf!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

The link the OP posted is fine. The boots are Uggs and they are made in Australia but they are not claiming the "Ugg Australia" registered brand. "Ugg" is a generic term for these types of sheepskin boots so no problems there.

The second one is fake, as they are claiming that the boots they are selling are the Ugg Australia brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Well if they are perfect and come with a certificate your grand then, they must be real????? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

Pembily wrote: »
    MOD Edit: Removed link

Savage website - got 3 pairs of ugg boots delivered (Tall, Bailey Button and Short) for 213 euro and they don't pay a customs charge on the door either!!!

The bill for customs duty and tax often comes separately - courier companies in Ireland have contract with Revenue to collect duty on their behalf. I've heard of cases it comes up to 6 months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

oh well wrote: »
    The bill for customs duty and tax often comes separately - courier companies in Ireland have contract with Revenue to collect duty on their behalf. I've heard of cases it comes up to 6 months later.

They were delivered by registered post with an post and the first order was well over a year ago so don't think they will come after me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

the ugg australia website has no record of that site on their files, so i think its fake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

leesmom wrote: »
    the ugg australia website has no record of that site on their files, so i think its fake

The penny drops when you click contact us ,its a Gmail address ,says it all really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

has anyone seen these in the shops here??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UGG-AUSTRALIA-Kensington-Toast-UK-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11_W0QQitemZ270465464740QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Shoes?var=&hash=item84b6aa9c8e

i want to know how they fit, i normally buy size 8 for comfort in normal shoes but am wondering if i went for the 7 would they stretch out a bit, cos i dont want an 8 that stretches to too big.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Any chance of an UGG boot sticky/megathread/FAQ of some kind?

Most of the new UGG threads could be answered by a quick search of the forum as the questions have nearly all been asked already.

There are many many websites selling Ugg boots (that don't claim to be the Ugg Australia brand) and you can get some really good deals. Emu Australia do Ugg boots and they are gorgeous. So do Bearpaw.
    I only have one pair of Uggs and they are the Ugg Australia brand, I would not buy them again. They have lasted brilliantly and everything but I would not buy them again out of principle. A few months back they kept making my heel bleed like hell for no apparent reason (unknown to me at the time, my blood pressure was so low that only a little scuff was enough to make my heel gush).
    Anyway I sent Ugg Australia an email just to ask if it was common for this to happen after months of frequent wear. That's all I asked. They just sent me this generic email about how their Ugg boot colour may vary due to it being a natural product and how I should avoid buying counterfeit boots. I replied saying that has nothing to do with what I asked you, they sent me the exact same generic email another 2 times. They obviously don't actually read what you send them, just send you their standard default customer email.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I haven't seen them in shops but had to do a bit of research re. sizes as was buying Uggs pressie for christmas. There isn't actually a UK size 7 or 8, it would be 7and a half only if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

BumbleB wrote: »
    The penny drops when you click contact us ,its a Gmail address ,says it all really.

ya thats what I thought too. Genuine site would surely have a more reputable email address.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

Amz wrote: »
    Any chance of an UGG boot sticky/megathread/FAQ of some kind?

Most of the new UGG threads could be answered by a quick search of the forum as the questions have nearly all been asked already.

oi! i did a search already thanks thats why i posted.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

chocgirl wrote: »
    I haven't seen them in shops but had to do a bit of research re. sizes as was buying Uggs pressie for christmas. There isn't actually a UK size 7 or 8, it would be 7and a half only if that makes sense.

Dont mind the size

a uk 7 would go as follows

w9 (US size) UK 7.5 EU 40

I would call the 40 a 7 dont go by the UK size. Some manufacturers are strange like that. You think if they only done full sizes they would display 3,4,5,6,7, 8 etc but for some reason they display the UK size as a half size, treat it as a full size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

has anyone seen these in the shops here??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UGG-AUSTRALIA-Kensington-Toast-UK-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11_W0QQitemZ270465464740QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Shoes?var=&hash=item84b6aa9c8e

i want to know how they fit, i normally buy size 8 for comfort in normal shoes but am wondering if i went for the 7 would they stretch out a bit, cos i dont want an 8 that stretches to too big.:confused:

People normally go for their standard size but the sheepskin does stretch a bit after wear. My adivce would be just to try them on in a shop and see which size fits you best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I just realised I've had my UGGs about 2 and half years and they were definitely worth the investment so it's time to get a new pair. Looking for tall, black or grey, size w6... Is it true that there are none in any of the shops in Dublin? I'm very impatient with online shopping when I decide I want something! Cheers. (Also, opinions on the plum/purple colours?? I quite like them but i dont know if they'd go with much)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Clare123

I bought a pair of uggs off www.uggbootsireland.com...
    When they arrived we found out they sent us 2 right boots and no left boot...
    Any idea what i should do...???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭ninalucy1985

lilly07 wrote: »
    Hi i want to buy a pai of real uggs and was going just to buy them in dub but then I found a website www.hartings.com.nz that sell them for 80 cheaper than office and that... Just wondering if anyone has bought from this website, if so would you recommend me to buy from them? :o

got two pairs of uggs brought back for me from the states and they fell apart.. even the real ones aint great quality!! xxxxx

It's actually funny to read the posts from people who think boots that are not labelled UGG Australia are not real UGG boots. I remember reading an article about the matter before. Real UGG boots are sheepskin boots lined with wool. UGG Australia are not the only real UGG boots, if even real themselves. Deckers Outdoor Corporation, a USA owned company, have the exclusive right to the name UGG in Europe and the USA, as it is a registered trademark. No other genuine manufacturers of UGG boots can use UGG in their products. This is not the case is Australia where there are multiple manufacturers of UGG boots and no one company has the sole right to use the word UGG for their boots. UGG Australia has no connections with Australia whatsoever, they are made in China. If you want REAL, HIGH QUALITY, AUSTRALIAN MADE UGG boots then they will be an Australian brand and not UGG Australia.

It's actually funny to read the posts from people who think boots that are not labelled UGG Australia are not real UGG boots. I remember reading an article about the matter before. Real UGG boots are sheepskin boots lined with wool. UGG Australia are not the only real UGG boots, if even real themselves. Deckers Outdoor Corporation, a USA owned company, have the exclusive right to the name UGG in Europe and the USA, as it is a registered trademark. No other genuine manufacturers of UGG boots can use UGG in their products. This is not the case is Australia where there are multiple manufacturers of UGG boots and no one company has the sole right to use the word UGG for their boots. UGG Australia has no connections with Australia whatsoever, they are made in China. If you want REAL, HIGH QUALITY, AUSTRALIAN MADE UGG boots then they will be an Australian brand and not UGG Australia.

Yep! It's the ones claiming to be the specific "Ugg Australia" brand that are the fake ones.

• Advertisement

Clare123 wrote: »
    I bought a pair of uggs off www.uggbootsireland.com...
    When they arrived we found out they sent us 2 right boots and no left boot...
    Any idea what i should do...???

That website appears to be obsolete now so you probably won't have much comeback. Are the boots branded as Ugg Australia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Eleanor Baylon

Yeah that website is dodggy. They took money off my credit card and nerver got boots. Very upsetting.

Advertisement