Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Picking flattering colours

• 03-01-2010 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭

How do you find out what colours suit you?

I've read something about people being different "seasons".

I'm the typical pale Irishman but with dark brown/black hair and hazel eyes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭xxlplease

samsamson wrote: »
    How do you find out what colours suit you?

I've read something about people being different "seasons".

I'm the typical pale Irishman but with dark brown/black hair and hazel eyes.

Seasons may be a bit confusing (even for me and I am a personal shopper). I much more prefer COOL, WARM or MID TONES characteristics:

COOL: skin - alabaster white or olive; eyes - have a dark rim round the iris or may be a very dark to mid brown or cold blue with a grey tint; hair - blue tones, black, dark brown or palest blonde.

most suitable for COOL people colours: navy, dark grey, dove grey, black, cardinal, bright emerald, bright turquoise - dark, cold and deep colours.

WARM: skin - a littla sallow or freckly, not dark or mid brown; eyes - amber, duller green or brown with gloden tints, hazel; hair - red or honey tones: auburn, ginger, strawberry blondes.

most suitable for WARM people colours: tomato red, olive, dark tobacco, sea green, mustard, brown or pink burgundy, cream - warm and reach colours.

MID TONES: skin - blue undertones or peaches and cream complection; eyes - green, aqua, blue; hair - golden or strawberry blonde or light and ash brown.

most suitable for MID TONES people colours: hot pink, dark lavender, mid green, aqua, sage, yellow

It is important to remember that being in the certain category doesn't mean that you can be 100% sure that you will look great in certain colours! It always needs to be checked in practice:
    Stand in front of the big mirror and pne by one put different colour clothes against you face and check what does it do for you: does you eyes look brighter or maybe your dark circles look worse?; does your skin look radiant or totally flat? After this test you will soon know what shades of what colours work best for you.
    Good luck and have fun.
    I will be happy to help in case you have any further questions.

P.

Advertisement