Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathkeales Bling Bling

Options
  • 03-01-2010 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

It must have been another slow news week for The Sunday World as they once again turn there attention to the Travellers antics in Rathkeale.
    Their front page 'sensationally' exposes the flashy convy of motors that descends upon Rathkeale every Christams.
    Its the biggest pile of drivel I've ever read in my life. The journalists are obviously trying to stir up sh*t when nobody in the town gives a tuppeny pence what the travellers are driving. We're all well used to it at this stage and most of us locals look upon it as a source of amusment and entertainment more than anything.

Thank God they didnt see what the young traveller girls wear to mass,now that really would have given them something to write about!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

panda100 wrote: »
    Its the biggest pile of drivel I've ever read in my life. The journalists are obviously trying to stir up sh*t when nobody in the town gives a tuppeny pence what the travellers are driving. We're all well used to it at this stage and most of us locals look upon it as a source of amusment and entertainment more than anything!
    Amen to that sister! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

grenache wrote: »
    Amen to that sister! :)

They were giving out about your new best friend,the Indian Spar bouncer as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

panda100 wrote: »

Thank God they didnt see what the young traveller girls wear to mass,now that really would have given them something to write about!

Yeah. They're great from the neck down, but when you hear them talk it's like beating a horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Yeah but the point is their scam artists,dodgy traders,dont pay tax etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yeah but the point is their scam artists,dodgy traders,dont pay tax etc

The 'point' is that the 'News of The world' is owned by one of the richest men in Ireland ,who also doesnt pay any tax. Of course he's going to write about the travellers to detract from his own dodgy dealings.

The travellers dont cause anyone any problem in Rathkeale. You can walk through this town at 2am in the morning and nothing will happen to you,something that can't be said for many towns in West Limerick.
    Yeah, they can be a bit annoying and in your face, but they dont cause anyone any harm around here. Many of them attend school with the settled people,they attend mass,use the local businesses, and are very much apart of this community.

The newspaper article was trying to stir up anger and resentment for the travelling community by suggesting that the locals hate them and they cause mayhem in the town, when this is just simply not the case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Have you seen the way they behave in the Cresent?you cant watch a film in peace,they drive their jeeps withouit any due care.Theres a reason pubs dont want to serve them its not worth the risk.They dont cause trouble in Rathkeale cause they live there but everywhere else they have a bad rep

yeah them not paying tax is as bad as others i agree you not think its a joke all the services they get under "traveller status"....How do i sign up

In Rathkeale they're fine, don't annoy them and they won't annoy you :)

It's when they're on the bus or in shopping centres that you see how ignorant they can be, but I've got nothing against them in general (went to school with quite a few).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

PJTierney wrote: »
    (went to school with quite a few).
    i'm presuming that was primary school? There were no travellers in Rathkeale secondary school when i went there, and i only left 8 years ago.

grenache wrote: »
    i'm presuming that was primary school? There were no travellers in Rathkeale secondary school when i went there, and i only left 8 years ago.
    Correct, they never bothered with second level..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Have you seen the way they behave in the Cresent?you cant watch a film in peace,they drive their jeeps withouit any due care.Theres a reason pubs dont want to serve them its not worth the risk.They dont cause trouble in Rathkeale cause they live there but everywhere else they have a bad rep

yeah them not paying tax is as bad as others i agree you not think its a joke all the services they get under "traveller status"....How do i sign up
    The saying goes "Don't dirty your own backyard nor show it"
    They are many ignorant idiots in many communities everywhere. Last Week a Mother of 4 young Kids pull out in front of me at a secondary school with her wheels were spinning on the ice and her kids not buckled up, and she yapping on the mobile, oblivious to the danger she put her family into, luckily for me there was no ice on the road in front of me I had brake hard and barely missed her. I blew the horn to let her know the danger she put her family into. She gave me a furious look back at me believing I was in the wrong.
    Others park badly in SUV's, Audi, BMW convertibles and bangers, both men and women yapping on the mobile, hogging two lanes of traffic, obvious to their own bad driving and parking. I can points out hundreds on a daily basis, who behave far worst than the Travellers in Rathkeale which is not hard to beat, and they (others) do talk badly and degrading comments about the Travellers/foreigners so they can feel good about themselves, so they can hid their own dirty little secrets and bad behaviour by distracting and fooling the rest of us into believing that those who are different are the enemy or are the cause of our problems.

They are many many Tax Dodgers in suits that are far wealthier than the Travellers. Tax Dodgers do not confine itself to one part of our society. Have a look at the Revenue Commissioners list they post in News Papers and online here.
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/press/defaulters/index.html, They range from Solicitors, Property developers, builders, publicans, Farmers, shop owners, Doctors, Priests to Company Directors,

• Advertisement
Advertisement