Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Rangers teams, 12.30 KO

• 03-01-2010 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Just saw the teams on sky sports news yellow bar...

Celtic are Boruc, Hinkel, Loovens, Caldwell, Fox, Robson, Crosas, Nguemo, McGeady, Fortune and Samaras

Rangers are McGregor, Broadfoot, Weir, Wilson, Papac, Whittaker, Novo, Davis, McCulloch, Lafferty and Boyd

No McDonald in Celtic team is a surprise, is he injured or has be been dropped?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Brewster wrote: »
    Just saw the teams on sky sports news yellow bar...

Celtic are Boruc, Hinkel, Loovens, Caldwell, Robson, Crosas, Nguemo, McGeady, Fortune and Samaras

Rangers are McGregor, Broadfoot, Weir, Wilson, Papac, Whittaker, Novo, Davis, McCulloch, Lafferty and Boyd

No McDonald in Celtic team is a surprise, is he injured or has be been dropped?

is there not only 10 players in that Celtic team

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

is there not only 10 players in that Celtic team
    Fox at LB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

CHD wrote: »
    Fox at LB

Sorry yeah, Fox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Looking forward to this game, love watching it.

manutd wrote: »
    Looking forward to this game, look watching it.
    How can you watch it without looking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

lol @ whoever the commentator is on Sky.

"that's a poor cross by McGeady's standards..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Mon Celtic!

That should be a goal. Terrible decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Celtic were just robbed of a goal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Celtic robbed of a perfectly legitimate goal there tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Not sure why the ref disallowed that, a bit soft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Rangers should be 1 down with 10 men. Joke of a ref:mad:

Really scummy tackle from Lafferty. Should be gone, think he'd be grown up enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

CHD wrote: »
    Really scummy tackle from Lafferty. Should be gone, think he'd be grown up enough.

It was. Intentional as well. He's one of those players who has absolutely zero redeeming qualities at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Surprised the tic goal was disallowed looks as though Conroy was giving it for hitting his arm bad decision.

Lafferty should be ashamed of that tackle and off the park

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Celtic should have won that, with that gap I have a feeling that perfectly good goal disallowed will be the one that saw the league slip away.

Ref was awful - Weir and Lafferty up to their usual antics. Gives a card to Boyd for a tackle nowhere near as bad as Lafferty's.

Thought Celtic were excellent in the first half, and should have done enough to win the game. But as per usual they didn't turn the opportunities into goals.

As much as he gets slagged off, I thought Robson was excellent today as was McGeady. Samaras put in a good shift also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »

Get a grip Conroy is a know Celtic fan he used to be a season ticket holder and his surgery is full of Celtic posters.
    He had a bad game I agree but nothing to do with any old boys network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Very frustrating, just like the Burns era with that kind of save from McGregor as well

I thought the ref got the 2 big decisions dreadfully wrong and for that alone, he should be slated. Mowbray needs to grow some balls and start commenting on the decisions. There is no way somebody like Alex Ferguson would have stayed quiet after a game with those type of decisions

Lafferty should be thouroughly ashamed of himself though.

Big month for Celtic and it is imperative that the plc loosen the purse strings otherwise Rangers will have the league sewn up before the end of Winter!

• Advertisement

Not changed my tune about anything mate I don't see it as a big conspiracy seems you do though when you talk about the old boys network
    I said in previous post he was rubbish in the game and got two decisions wrong for Celtic

Celtic totally dominated game, was flicking between it and United game, and it was all Celtic. I think the Celtic goal should have stood as Fortune only had eyes for the ball, however, ref sees him leading with arm and gives a free kick. These things happen.

To be fair, I don't think Celtic can blame the referee, they had endless chances and they didn't take them. McGeady, Samaras missed numerous chances to put game beyond Rangers and for this they only have themselves to blame. It was the most one sided OLD FIRM game I have seen but goals win games. I have a feeling McDonald would have put away some of the earlier chances, and Mowbray must take responsibility for this. He looked very sharp when he came on. Samaras played well outside of box to be fair, its the best I have seen him play, but when it comes to it he just cannot put ball in back of net.

Rangers missed Kenny Miller big time, he is such an important player for them. If Celtic play like this for rest of season, title will go to wire yet again.....

Ziggy, thats a little paranoid, as I said Celtic had more than enough chances to win game. Ref can only give what he sees, and has a split second to make a decision. To suggest that there is an agenda against Celtic is laughable. I don't know ref or who his family or he supports, its irrelevant, he is doing his best and he has made an honest mistake with goal today.

He made two huge mistakes today that had a massive bearing on the outcome of the game.

Gannon was right this season, just a pity he pressed too many wrong buttons with Boyle as I would have loved to see how his Dallas interaction went later this season.

He made two huge mistakes today that had a massive bearing on the outcome of the game.

Gannon was right this season, just a pity he pressed too many wrong buttons with Boyle as I would have loved to see how his Dallas interaction went later this season.

But has there every been a game, where a ref hasnt made a mistake? It just reiterates need for TV replays. There is no point in blaming the ref, and accusing him of having a bias in favour of Rangers because one or two decisions have gone against your team!! I can't believe Celtic or Rangers fans for that matter still believe there is agenda one way or another. If it was other way around, Rangers fans would be piping same rubbish. Refs have a split second to see things, and make a decision. Football has been like this from day one and I must say Mowbray is a credit to Celtic Football club in this regard for the respect he shows referees and long may it continue.

Brewster wrote: »
    But has there every been a game, where a ref hasnt made a mistake? It just reiterates need for TV replays. There is no point in blaming the ref, and accusing him of having a bias in favour of Rangers because one or two decisions have gone against your team!! I can't believe Celtic or Rangers fans for that matter still believe there is agenda one way or another. If it was other way around, Rangers fans would be piping same rubbish. Refs have a split second to see things, and make a decision. Football has been like this from day one and I must say Mowbray is a credit to Celtic Football club in this regard for the respect he shows referees and long may it continue.

I am not accusing the ref of bias, I am accusing him of incompetence. If you knew anything about Scottish football you would know what the Gannon reference was about

I am not accusing the ref of bias, I am accusing him of incompetence. If you knew anything about Scottish football you would know what the Gannon reference was about

Well we can agree then, and I doff my cap to you. Any Celtic fan claiming the refs are biased against them need their heads examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Thought we were rampant today. Only complaint I have is our lack of ability to score goals.The team can come away today thinking they have put in a good shift.The only thing that will cost us the league is our goal scoring, nothing else.
    They had one chance, they took it, we had about 10, took 1. Not Championship winning quality that and definitely needs addressed in the Jan window. Me head is wrecked after not winning that one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

In case anyone needs reminding:
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2009/12/11/jim-gannon-referee-incompetence-could-already-have-cost-celtic-title-86908-21888460/

In a league where "old firm" (hate that expression) games can mean winning or losing the league, the refereeing needs to be better.

That's a perfectly good goal and a penalty not awarded in two games.

PauloMN wrote: »
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2009/12/11/jim-gannon-referee-incompetence-could-already-have-cost-celtic-title-86908-21888460/

In a league where "old firm" (hate that expression) games can mean winning or losing the league, the refereeing needs to be better.

I would agree with the refs being incompetent Paul and all teams suffer from it but not to some perceived SFA old boys club as stated in other posts

LOL not from me its you who suggested it or are the effects of the New Year booze still working on you :)

Sorry one instance doesn't mean all officials are like that and think about it if they were you would have never done 9 in a row

Ziggy, you may be right, my knowlegde of scottish football certainly does not go back as far as 1999, however if the that lad did something wrong and was proven to have done so, then absolutely fine, sack him.

However, to continue this, and claim there is some conspiracy against Celtic from referees is ridiculous. I remember an OF game two years ago where Celtic won the back to back OF games at Parkhead and Scott McDonald clearly had an offside goal wrongly allowed. JVOH should also have been sent off in one of the games for a crude challenge and was not. They won this game and went onto win title. These things happen in football at all levels every week of the season. To insinuate that these decisions are part of an overall conspiracy against Celtic is mindboggling paranoia, nothing more nothing less. I am glad you have put me on your ignore list, because if this is the level of your debate, there in no point debating issue with myself or any other fair minded poster for that point. Celtic had more than enough of the play yesterday to win 10 games, and they only have themselves to blame. I can understand your frustration at this, but keep things in the real world...

PauloMN wrote: »

As I posted in reply to Ziggy Paul, Celtic have benefited from refereeing decisions in the past also, including games against Rangers. Who exactly is Jim Gannon by the way and what authority does he have to speak on scottish football!? Lasted how many months at Motherwell before he was sacked?? I agree with the sentiment that the standard of refereeing is not good enough across the board, not sure how this can be addressed though? Are fulltime paid refs the way to do? As long as the use of tv evidence is rebuked, these decisions are going to happen all the time to ALL teams.

• Advertisement

Lads, had a look at Fortune incident again, Im not so sure it was as clear cut as we all thought having watched game live. I have seen a picture of the of the incident on bbc website, and it seems while jumping Fortune's arm does make contact with McGregor's arm which results in McGregor failing to claim ball. Having seen this picture, I actually think the ref called in correctly. Have a look and see what you think. While there is no doubt, Fortune only had eyes for ball and did not mean to barge keeper, if Fortune's arm makes contact with keepers arm which results in keeper failing to control ball, then this is a freekick without question IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

:D

Advertisement