Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business

Options
  • 03-01-2010 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi,
    I'm doing business by myself and was wondering what books and copies I need. What book is the best? Do I need any record books, etc? Would I do the book in a linear fashion from chap. 1 to the end?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭aoifeX

we use 21st centuary business and its farely good! like all books tho theres stuff in it you really dont need..
    id skip unit 1 (theres 7) 4 the mo if i were you and start on unit 2. unit 2 3 4 are the units which the AbQ question is based on this year so its important you know them! Id leave unit 7 till the very last and only do it if youve time it will leave you with an option less but if your only starting the course now your probably better off imo anyway !

you dont need any special copies like for the JC theres not much maths in it or accounts !

hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Our teacher always gives us handouts from Business World and they are very good, definately recomend it. We have gone from chapter but I imagine thats your own decision but leave units 6 and 7 until last. We actually havent done unit 7 yet, I would hesitate to leave anything out if possible and then your cobered for everything. We use an A4 copy which is handy for long notes but not essential but you should have a small notebook for definitions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Up Mayo

Thanks so much guys!!

Is it a long course? I'm in fifth year btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

There are 25 chapters in my book, divided into 7 units. Some chapters can be got through very fast and some bits can be left out. In in 6th year and we have the first 5 units done twice and have only got half unit 6 and all unit 7 to do, might give an better idea of length.
    Your in 5th year so know units 3,4, and 5 very well because your ABQ will be on these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Up Mayo

ryanf1 wrote: »
    There are 25 chapters in my book, divided into 7 units. Some chapters can be got through very fast and some bits can be left out. In in 6th year and we have the first 5 units done twice and have only got half unit 6 and all unit 7 to do, might give an better idea of length.
    Your in 5th year so know units 3,4, and 5 very well because your ABQ will be on these.

Thanks so much again!

Do you think Business World is the best business book?
    Also, what's an ABQ?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Applied Business Question.

Read the text. Answer the question based on your knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

Yeah, Business World is very good. Reminds me almost of the Revise Wise books. Chapters are well layed out too and important ideas are well highlighted.

Advertisement