Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maiden the 80's

Options
  • 03-01-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

The renaming of After Hours and the best decade for rock/metal thread put Maidens output in the 80's in my head, it would be rude not to have a thread with their cover art from that decade. :P

iron_maiden_1_remastered.jpg

Iron_Maiden_Killers_coverart.jpg

Iron_Maiden_The_Number_Of_The_Beast_music_album_cover.jpg

iron_maiden-piece_of_mind.jpg

Iron_Maiden_Powerslave_Egyptian_pyramid_album_cover.jpg

Live+After+Death-P.jpg

Iron_Maiden_Somewhere_in_Time.jpg

Iron-Maiden---Seventh-Son-Of-A-Seventh-Son-Front-Cover-5526.jpg

It does show how consistent Maiden were throughout the 80's in terms of releasing strong album after strong album.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I really like their Self titled. Still can't understand what's so great about Number of The Beast though.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Derek Riggs rules. I used to love looking for his symbol on a new Maiden album. Pity they fell out though!
    http://98.130.155.23/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I love that period of Maiden .... I was only listening to Somewhere in Time the other day thinking "what a fNcking great album" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

kbannon wrote: »
    Derek Riggs rules. I used to love looking for his symbol on a new Maiden album. Pity they fell out though!
    http://98.130.155.23/

That's some kick in the teeth. Petty. Iron Maiden's 'front' was very much Derek Riggs for a lot of their career.

This link has been removed
    by Derek Riggs

This is because Iron Maiden are complaining
    about which pictures are on my site,
    and then they started quoting contracts at me.

Right now I am too tired and too busy
    to work out what they are complaining about
    so I have removed the entire link.

So if you want to see the pictures
    you will have to buy the book
    "Run for Cover, the art of Derek Riggs"
    which is available from my website shop.
    Enjoy the rest of the site.
    Have a better one (than I did)
    all the best
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

yeah it's a rough deal ... petty really ... give the man his dues ... his artwork was fundamental in the establishment of Maiden ... it's completely iconic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

If anybody is interested I can probably upload a folder of their classic single covers from the 80's through megaupload or some other site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Maiden is the strongest ammunition indie **** have in the "metal is for children" argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

stringbox wrote: »
    Maiden is the strongest ammunition indie **** have in the "metal is for children" argument.

Bullsh*t, complete and utter bullsh*t. Any indie **** who criticise Maiden can F*ck off and die. Hopefully they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

This is also an excellent site, and of the very best in terms of having a lot of hi res versions of both the albums, singles and other misc Eddies.

http://www.ironmaidenwallpaper.com/

Advertisement