Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of bird is this?

• 03-01-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Could you take a look at the attached picture and let me know what type of bird it is? Or is it just a regular sparrow?

He has just appeared on the scene today and seems to be quite an aggressive little fecker!

Thanks

100692.JPG
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It's a male blackcap. The female will have a rusty brown cap instead of a black one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Kess73 wrote: »
    It's a male blackcap. The female will have a rusty brown cap instead of a black one.

Sound. I read the other thread about Blackcaps and thought that was what it might be but the photo that was in it threw me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Kess73 wrote: »

The female has actually arrived on the scene now as well. He seems to be fairly abusive to her though :D

Advertisement