Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEXT returns policy

• 03-01-2010 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭

I bought a skirt in Next just after Christmas, in the sale, I just tried it on today and it's too big for me (I'm not as fat as I thought, woohoo! :D) Anyone happen to know if you can return sale stock there? And how soon do you've to bring it back? It doesn't say on the receipt.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

The store on Opera Lane in Cork said it was same policy, tags on, receipt and you're grand. Refund or exchange :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Many companies state there are no exchanges/refunds on sale items. Maybe this isn't true of Next however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭xxlplease

I bought a skirt in Next just after Christmas, in the sale, I just tried it on today and it's too big for me (I'm not as fat as I thought, woohoo! :D) Anyone happen to know if you can return sale stock there? And how soon do you've to bring it back? It doesn't say on the receipt.

Thanks!

According to the consumer law you are fully entiltled to return the skirt regardless the sale. Usually you have 28 days to do so. Keep all the tags on and bring back the receipt. As far as I know the only circumstances when you may have a problem returning the product is when it was discounted because of the damage and you were aware of that in the moment of buying it.

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

I bought a jacket two days before crimbo and its to small for me but cant find the receipt. Should I not bother to even try and return it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

xxlplease wrote: »
    According to the consumer law you are fully entiltled to return the skirt regardless the sale. Usually you have 28 days to do so. Keep all the tags on and bring back the receipt. As far as I know the only circumstances when you may have a problem returning the product is when it was discounted because of the damage and you were aware of that in the moment of buying it.

P.

Where do people get this stuff from? According to consumer law people are entitled to nothing. The shop can choose to take things back but its entirely their decision and on their terms.

Theres nothing worng with the skirt so the OP has no entitledment to anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Stekelly wrote: »
    Where do people get this stuff from? According to consumer law people are entitled to nothing. The shop can choose to take things back but its entirely their decision and on their terms.

exactly.

unless there is a fault with the skirt, you - the customer - is entitled to nothing unfortuneatley.

it's totally at the store's discretion whether they give you a refund of store credit.

most stores will however to keep good will between themselves and you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

blahblah06 wrote: »
    I bought a jacket two days before crimbo and its to small for me but cant find the receipt. Should I not bother to even try and return it

Give it a shot, they might offer you an exchange instead of a refund, assuming it's unworn and has all the tags on it. However, if it was in the sale and the price has gone down again, you will get the value of the current price, not what you paid for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

blahblah06 wrote: »
    You can bring it back but you will only get an exchange at the current selling price.If it was reduced you only get the sale value, you can get something else instead of it or the value put onto a refund card.
    Normal exchange policy is 28 days from date of purchase for a refund with a receipt.
    If you have a gift receipt you can get an exchange at the price that was paid or get the value put onto a gift card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

cheers guys ill give it a bash and let you know how i get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Consumer law doesn't apply here - because there is nothing wrong with the skirt, it simply doesn't fit.

Most stores will have an additional returns policy, this is usually found on the receipt.

Next are a little different though. Because they don't allow you to try on clothing during their sale, they will happily take it back within 28 days, as long as it is in a saleable condition. Check your receipt for all details.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote: »

my mistake, got carried offfff a bit... :) Majority of shops have return policy in place which also applies to sale stock.

Sorry for causing confusion.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭blondiexox

I returned a few things I got in the Next sale in Waterford. No problems, got a full refund.
    They had the changing rooms closed during the sale and said that you can return anything with tags and receipt within one month. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

AFAIK you can return sale items in Next, both them and River Island take sales returns. Have you tried yet? They had the changing rooms closed sure during the first few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Yup I'm well aware that legally I'm not entitled to anything! Was just wondering what Next's store policy was. Sounds like I might be able to get a refund so, woohoo!

Thanks for all the replies :)

good luck !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Just keep your receipt and dont leave it too long to bring it back. The staff in Next are pretty nice ;);).

Advertisement