Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet

• 03-01-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I had my phone and internet with BT but since Vodafone took over the server isn't available every second time i go to use it.I am thinking of getting rid of it now.Any suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

loadz wrote: »
    I had my phone and internet with BT but since Vodafone took over the server isn't available every second time i go to use it.I am thinking of getting rid of it now.Any suggestions

have you rung them up and complained, stating dates and times etc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Hang on.... this is interesting. I'm with BT phone and broadband but am in the UK. Anyway, if I switch-on my router, all is fine. If I then restart my PC or restart the router, it seems to have problems finding the connection. I do'nt have a clue what is causing it, but it might be an IP conflict error. Where I am, there are a few different wireless signals.

Kevin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I was with BT until yesterday they changed me to Vodafone. Last night, the broadband went off for about 1 hour but then came back again. This morning, the broadband did not find the server. Phone CS and eventually got a techie who began going through the script, but I said I have not done anything, could it be the changeover, or passwords?

Eventually, he gave me the new account/password combination and all was back working. The service is actually provided by Eircom, but billed through BT/Vodafone. Vodafone should have told me of the password change, as it must be normal.

Under normal use, the problem with the 'server not available' after a period of idleness is frequent in my experience, and I think part of the latency/contention issue. If the connection is idle, it slips down the contention list, so when it wakes up it takes a while to get to the top of the queue, and usually times out, but recovers on a retry.

Speed is now 7mb/s, but actually 6mb/s. It took a while before the new Vodafone connection woke up to give me this. OK now though. CS was good from Vodafone, more difficult with BT.

Advertisement