Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N97 memory problems

• 03-01-2010 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I have been using my N97 and it kepps telling me that my C memory is low. I have deleted what I though was not wanted. What does this memory do and how can i manage it better. Cheers

regards

holdfast

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I often get a 'memory full' message when i go to open an app or view a video. Turn it off and back on again,usually does the trick for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

The C drive works just like the one on your PC. It's the default location for saving the files for applications you install.
    Try to always install apps to the big mass media drive instead when given the option.
    Otherwise have you tried updating the phone's firmware ?
    Type *#0000# and post what you get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Wiping everything from the phone, including the installed apps is the best way to free up extra memory. Then update to v12 which has a memory improvement. Then as longb said, install apps to the mass memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 XY

you should use the Mass Memoryto store all your messages, Messaging->Options->settings->Other-> Memory in use (E: Mass Memory)

Clearing the privacy data in the internet browser usually clears up a bit of space too

If you can update to V20 firmware you'll notice a vast improvement in memory.
    Nokia also released a tool that better managed how the phone uses memory a couple of weeks ago, not sure if this was only available for v20 phones, but have a look in the SW update app to see if it is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭holdfast

cheers for that guys, it was a real help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement