Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son of a Gun! Car care product

Options
  • 03-01-2010 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Friend txted me this earlier..Son of a gun is a car cleaning product for the dash board of your car. Usually get this product in superquinn/Tescos for e5.99or a garage for e7 but there is a hardware store in Rathfarnham shopping centre selling it for e15. Chancers!
    How can they charge e9 more then Superquinn/Tescos for this product? I will be down this way later on today and I have to see this for myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

mondeo wrote: »
    Friend txted me this earlier..Son of a gun is a car cleaning product for the dash board of your car. Usually get this product in superquinn/Tescos for e5.99or a garage for e7 but there is a hardware store in Rathfarnham shopping centre selling it for e15. Chancers!
    How can they charge e9 more then Superquinn/Tescos for this product? I will be down this way later on today and I have to see this for myself.

No doubt he's being called a Son of a Bitch for charging that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Chancers!
    How can they charge e9 more then Superquinn/Tescos for this product?
    You said it yourself, they are taking the chance that somebody will pay for it, just like expensive jewllers take the chance idiots will buy watch batteries from them. People would not buy this all the time so have no concept of what the price should really be, just like the guy with the laptop adaptors in another thread. You only have yourself to blame if you are unaware of prices, if somebody did buy this for €15 it is certainly not a ripoff, they obviously considered it was a worthwhile purchase.

If the product did not work as described it would be a ripoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Thats ****ing insane, I would love to hit the person who printed the price tag for that son of a gun, right in the face! If your looking for car products look out for lid'ls specials on car care, they do it quite often, more than you could ever need they have! At dirt cheap prices too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Bosshogg

but there is a hardware store in Rathfarnham shopping centre selling it for e15.

What's the name of the Hardware Store? I could guess but then I would be suggesting that the rip off merchants that I'm thinking of are rip off merchants.

Advertisement